Forum

So, what can we do ...

Notifications
Clear all

So, what can we do to get more participation?

18 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
16.4 K Views
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hello,

Just wondering...

What can we do to get more participation? What can we do to get more people posting more sounds?

We have a small number of users that have contributed a lot and then all the rest that haven't. So, for the ones that haven't... why or what do you need/want so that you can contribute to the site?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards,
Fran

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 10/10/2011 9:31 am
floydian
(@floydian)

Hi Fran,
I am a new Kurzweil PC3 owner, in time I hope I can tribute to post some cool sounds.
But first I have to learn the machine.
grtz,
Floydian

Posted : 24/09/2012 1:56 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Welcome!

Enjoy your keyboard and we'll be waiting for your programs :)

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 25/09/2012 7:38 pm
gioj93
(@gioj93)

I think "the challenge" was a great idea but... it's been frozen from months :cry:

Posted : 28/09/2012 9:50 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

Yes, I have to announce the last winners... I moved during the Summer and everything has been kind of chaotic.

Soon it will be back.

Thanks,

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 03/10/2012 4:44 pm
Holdsg
(@holdsg)
Eminent Member

It would be a good idea to have a description of what just the K Set List is and contains (in the link from the "community" section of the Kurz site). Because, unless someone is willing to click all of those, you may not know what the K Set List actually contains. Not necessarily apparent to newbies.

Bass guitar and keyboard player for Safe in Sound band.

not at the same time, but sometimes in the same song!

Posted : 04/10/2012 11:25 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Hello there,
I have been over at Cowzars forum since I had my new PC361 (Dec.´11). I posted some stuff there, but since the forum went quite silent and I don´t know how it will come back to life, I will participate here. :-)
I also would be proud to see a sound I did in a new software release of the PC3 series. :mrgreen:
Greetings from Germany
PS:
Maybe check out my youtube channel Kaffimusic. I posted some stuff done with the Kurzweil there.

Posted : 21/03/2013 4:50 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

HI,

Cunka is alive and kicking, but it is just a paid service now. Contact them if you want to join them. They have a lot of great resources, sounds, manuals even their own software.

Still, you are more than welcome here as well.

We need to give this site a boost.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 21/03/2013 6:13 pm
tz_keyz
(@tz_keyz)
Estimable Member

I've been MIA for the past month or so. I'm getting back up to speed with my PC3K8. I'll be posting some programs soon.

Posted : 24/03/2013 9:29 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

Thanks TZ!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 25/03/2013 11:10 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

One more idea about this forum:
The main direction of this forum is to share sounds. Well, I guess many people come by, check what may be interesting, download and leave.
Many people don´t do sounds - plus, the Kurzweil-machines are somewhat hard to program and learnig is very time consuming. Not everybody have the time, the feel and the right mix between technical understanding and musical feeling. Only when both comes together (or all three when I inculde time) there will be sounds that are interesting and musically useful.
However, most people will put setups together, to play songs in a band. Thats much easier and mostly a byproduct that you have to do anyway. But why don´t they upload them?
Maybe it´s too easy to get the stuff here. Maybe there is no feel of community that you want to be part of, to give, and "allows" you to take. Maybe there ist not enough discussion about the instrument, ideas, whatever. I guess this is something that connects a user to a place like this.
I knew this site before. I don´t remember exactly, but I guess I did not DL anything. I have my own taste of sounds and I do my combis for songs on my own. And there is not much funk and soul going on here, which would be my interest.
I sticked with Brians Cowells Mastering Vast. I learned some stuff there, people where somewhat connected and discussion where going on, not only about the instruments. Now that he wants to make it a closed paying experience this may change a bit. It´s absolutely his own thing to decide so - no problem - but maybe some more people will find their way here like I did. Seems like many of them are at Sonikmatter now anyway, but I did not really check there.

EDIT: As far as I can see, you don´t even have to be registered to this place to download stuff. This should be at least something to do, before you can come in and take. It has something like I wrote in my other posting about my sounds: Things that are free have no value.
I believe things that you can get without ANY efforts (like at least some friendly words) have low chances of being judged as valuable.

Posted : 26/03/2013 3:50 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

Very good input Kaffimusic. I'll see what I can do about the register vs non register, etc... I have been thinking about that for a while.

This site never intended to be Sonik or Cunka, nor hispasonic (for Spanish people) neither all the other forums in other languages out there. They do a great job and they have invaluable resources. Use them!

Here we focus in sharing sounds. But, there are also some users that feel intimidated in other forums for whatever reason. That's why here we keep a discussion forum here newbie-friendly :)

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 26/03/2013 5:05 pm
pax_eterna
(@pax_eterna)
Eminent Member

[quote="hipogrito"....................But, there are also some users that feel intimidated in other forums for whatever reason. That's why here we keep a discussion forum here newbie-friendly :)

And I am very sure this is appreciated :) certainly by this newcomer to Kurz

Everyone was a newbie at one time or another - the more newbies you encourage the more active members you get..pretty simple really.

Well that and not having to log in EVERY time one visits ;)

Posted : 01/04/2013 3:20 pm
tonybanksfan
(@tonybanksfan)
Eminent Member

With Mastering VAST going to a payment site, and Sonikmatter closing it's doors, this site is going to become very popular. Besides that, the Kurzweil brand is becoming a much more respected keyboard with there product releases in the last couple of years. Hopefully this site can cope with the coming tidal wave of participation.

Posted : 01/04/2013 5:28 pm
Merc
 Merc
(@merc)

Hey Hipo'

I'm an engineer (30yrs) turn teacher this year. And I've been teaching technology so I want to offer something out of the new freeware playbook. Let's take Weebly.com, it's a free web design tool for those who can get into code. But here is the interesting thing. As soon as you touch their site they continually send you reminders, hints, links, and encouragement to 'build your first site'. Of course they have a profit motive.
They hope that if you stay with them and learn their tools that one day you will publish for a fee.

Anyhow here's the thing...despite my qualifications and love of music and kurzweil...even I need a little twist of the arm. So let's say you have some organization under you (recommendation #1), somebody who focuses on the newbies (I've noticed that you seem to be the only one who replies to them at least in the short term). And their job is to help the newbie over the hurdle and to share their first setup. In the world of weebly they then celebrate your accomplishment. They also time you "it's been 35 day's and you haven't built your site yet...do you need any help, what's going on, can we help you", etc. etc.

Now truth be told, I've never downloaded a setup out of the Kurzweil because I've never had to...other than backing up my system to my memory stick. Thinking that folks are the same everywhere, many folks need some coaxing and instructions on how to do it. Didn't read yours yet but I'm sure you have some.

So I think what I'm saying is you need to develop some roles and have someone in your organization take over that position...truth is it could just be a Kurz tech head with not much playing skill but a lot of software knowledge. If you're trying to do it all it ain't gonna grow. You could have a role/champion for each section of your site :idea: You know some people may be plain embarrassed that they don't know how to do stuff on the kurzweil. You really got to have a penchant to create that perfect sound otherwise you won't fiddle with it.

Later,

Merc

Posted : 19/05/2013 4:25 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: