Amp?

20 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
10.1 K Views
The Puppeteer
(@the-puppeteer)
Trusted Member

I'm using JBL studio monitors in my studio. Not cheap, but I really like the sound, clarity and balance of these speakers. I don't use a dedicated keyboard amp. All of my instruments feed into a RME UFX, which then outputs to my speakers.

The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
Mastering VAST Forum

Posted : 14/11/2013 7:21 pm
Deadwing42
(@deadwing42)

I concur with most everything in this post. I used to use traditional keyboard amps but switched to a pair of powered PA speakers and its like night and day.

I currently run my PC361 through a pair of RCF Art 312A's and they sound terrific. I have also used them for PA mains in a bar setting and have gotten many compliments.

The RCF brand seems to be more popular in Europe, but they can be found in the states. They would be comparable to JBL EONs and Mackie SRM450's. I've seen these speakers on Amazon and some other online retailers between $400-$500. I think I paid about $450 apiece for mine.....they are probably not as good as the QSC's but for the price I think they are a very good value.

Posted : 17/11/2013 4:09 pm
voodoo
(@voodoo)
Estimable Member

Getting listenable sounds out of the LE6 for me has been interesting.

Using a closed head phones and the head phoine socket the sounds sound very very different to when I have then used them in the studio - using the normal balanced outputs.

When I have playe them through a PA - getting a sound I like has proven tricky.

I now tend to use (in our rehearsal room PA) the left output going to my average keyboard amp - this gives me some on stage that acts like a monitor - and the right output I send to the PA - for out front sound - I've been told it sounds fine - though I've yet to fully hear it

eCommerce software that lives in the cloud and can be used on multiple websites at the same time (FaceBook #1 ecommerce app) , physical products and digital / sound / audio / downloads - and it's FREE http://www.ecwids.co.uk

Posted : 12/12/2013 2:19 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

If I could afford them, I´d go for a Yamaha system, active monitors with integrated (but removable) mixer/amp. A pair makes good mini PA for small events, or good personal monitoring system on bigger stages. Excellent sound to my ears. STAGEPAS series. Size as it fit your needs.
For sound in homearea I´d go along with puppeteer. As long as you can afford it.
I use Headphoes, or a decent home-stereo. On stage I have an old keyboard amp from carsbro from the early 90ies. 15" speaker + horn. Good for loud stages, can do low frequencies without too much pressure. Good one. But heavy and size of a small refrigerator.

Posted : 15/12/2013 2:07 pm
andreikrepsky
(@andreikrepsky)

At home I have a small space and use a pair of KRK monitors ROKIT 5. The result is great.

Posted : 02/01/2014 7:03 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: