Forum

Breath Controller f...

Notifications
Clear all

Breath Controller for PC3K - Any recommendations?

27 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
20.1 K Views
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have seen this on ebay. Is this sufficient to hook up to Kurzweil?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MRTaudio-Breath ... 20eef56064

Advise appreciated !

Dr. KEYVen
Kurzweil PC3k6 fully loaded !!

Posted : 01/11/2014 8:01 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

It says in the ad "Cannot use instead of Yamaha BC3a" so I'd assume it's not compatible.

Gary

Posted : 01/11/2014 10:10 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

No, this does not work. You need a Yamaha or one with it´s specs. Though I don´t know any.
BUT, this thing might work also, but different. It´s a kind of midi converter, the black box does this job.
You can´t plug the BC into the Kurz, but into that box. The box converts that to midi controllerdata and send it out via midi.
Since the Kurz can interpret and route much stuff to many directions, it should be possible to get a BC control this way. Well, a bit expensive solution. Look out for a Yamaha.
Or get one of those and write a report!

Posted : 02/11/2014 2:08 pm
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Look at the picture... the 1/8 jack which may fit in to breath controller port on PC3K ? may it work??

Any thoughts?

Dr. KEYVen

Posted : 02/11/2014 5:03 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

It says in the ad it will ONLY work with the MRTaudio Box.

If you really want to hear it directly why not contact the seller on Ebay and ask him?

Either way, get back to us once you find out.

Gary

Posted : 02/11/2014 7:57 pm
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It says in the ad it will ONLY work with the MRTaudio Box.

If you really want to hear it directly why not contact the seller on Ebay and ask him?

Either way, get back to us once you find out.

Gary

Pity that the seller switch off the contact mode in Ebay :oops: :roll:

I will post updates...

Now Yamaha dont produce BC's anymore.. hard to find item :(

Dr. KEYVen

Posted : 02/11/2014 9:17 pm
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I wish this one works for sure

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Breath-C ... 35df26c4f6

Dr. KEYVen

Posted : 02/11/2014 9:44 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

I'm sure it would work for sure, but I'd have a real problem sticking someone else's used spit bucket into my mouth... ICK!!! :shock:

In the meantime I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that Yamaha releases a BC4 sometime soon...

Gary

Posted : 02/11/2014 9:49 pm
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm sure it would work for sure, but I'd have a real problem sticking someone else's used spit bucket into my mouth... ICK!!! :shock:

In the meantime I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that Yamaha releases a BC4 sometime soon...

Gary

Gary... Sterilize it before use :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dr. KEYVen

Posted : 02/11/2014 9:56 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

It's plastic. How do you steam plastic in an autoclave? BLECH!!!! :shock:

Gary ;)

Posted : 02/11/2014 9:59 pm
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It's plastic. How do you steam plastic in an autoclave? BLECH!!!! :shock:

Gary ;)

Aye.... google "Cold (chemical) sterilization" for more info...

Dr. KEYVen

Posted : 02/11/2014 10:17 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

Nooks and crannies my friend... Nooks and crannies.... Herpes, Hepatitis, HIV and Human Papiloma Virus are lurking everywhere :P

Besides, it's a complicated little piece of electronics and plastic with little teensy tubes and sensitive parts that will melt away if you use the wrong solvents on it.

Besides, would you allow someone to remove your appendix with a plastic spork after they doused it in Captain Morgan's? :P

There's a reason why medical supply companies sell so many autoclaves to doctors, dentists and even professional manicurists.

Chemical sterilization just don't cut it.

And none of those options address the sheer Ickiness factor :P

Gary :D :D :D

Posted : 02/11/2014 10:37 pm
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Gary

You are S(G)cary man !!! appreciate your awareness on cleanliness ;) ;)

Dr. KEYVen

Posted : 02/11/2014 11:51 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Back to the BC: I discussed this topic with the manufaturer some 2 years ago, on his website. I don´t rememer, but it was somewhere araoud Aserbaidshan (?), Turkish, around that eastern-European area. Thats why the music demos are likely to sound somehwhat arabic.
The guy I contacted back then told me those devices are modded medical test devices (testing lungs) to work together with that box. And only with that box. The data this piece sends through it´s cable can´t be interpreted by a Yamaha-style BC input. And that is what we have at a Kurzweil.
But somehow, I guess it SHOULD be possible to hack that device to send proper values, since the BC input (I guess) is no different from a CC pedal control - changing values with a potentiometer.
I lack the technical knowledge to do something like that. But I am lucky to own a BC2 and a BC3 so I don´t need to. And no, I don´t sell them.
One more word to that old BC1 lollies: I never owned one, but I was told they are crap. They look tempting and easy to use, since it is a compact and handy device, but there is a reason why Yamaha changed thot his headset-design. While you play some time with that, your spit will run out of the lower end. It does, there is no escape, lol. The headset has the advanatage to hold the electronics on a much higher level. So your slobber will stay far away. Just the pressure is transmitted.

Posted : 03/11/2014 7:00 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

http://www.tecontrol.se/products/uni-mi ... controller
This one might be the solution. Can be plugged in any synth, also the LE versions.

Posted : 03/11/2014 5:41 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: