2 Users
0 Likes
JB107048
(@jb107048)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Oh man

Seriously, you guys won't believe this.
The PC3K8 I bought 6 months ago has thrown me a garbage screen.

It's powering up OK, but takes ages for the relay to click, then even longer to cycle the LED's on the buttons before settling to the default setup

I haven't used it for about 3.5 weeks, been away working OS, so NFI what could possibly have happened - it's been unplugged.

So frustrated. Can't even reflash it, because I can't see any menu, just a bunch of pixellated garbage.

:cry: :evil: :roll: :|

PC3x, PC3K8/K64+GD

Posted : 06/03/2017 3:12 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

You should contact Support, probably the LCD cable disconnected or loose.

http://kurzweil.com/support/repair/

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 06/03/2017 7:35 pm
JB107048
(@jb107048)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I went inside, prodded around with my cro, and the lcd driver was stuffed.

rang the place where I bought it, they contacted the distributor and I received an RA. Took it into Alexandria distributor location, and Damo took care of it with a new LCD. turnaround was 24hours. Picked up next day. Got it home. works OK.
He also updated the flash for me (which I asked) and said he had trouble backing up some of the program / ksetlist sounds I had loaded - but all seems OK.

So that's prompted me to get on with fixing the pc3x and send the main logic board off - which didn't happen in sept last year because I got sent away for work again... So I contacted Hal and I'm waiting for him to respond. Hopefully He's got some time...

PC3x, PC3K8/K64+GD

Posted : 13/03/2017 2:10 pm
Share: