Forum

Kurzweil + Focusrit...

Notifications
Clear all

Kurzweil + Focusrite saphire Pro 40 users..

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
seanl
(@seanl)
Topic starter

Got a question here....

I've put my MIDI synths aside since I've purchased my PC3LE7 and am running it through a Focusrite interface.

The "instructions" and video's for the focusrite seem to be written for someone who is really fluent in all this stuff. To be honest with you...the tutorials really suck unless you're a recording engineer. That's just my opinion of course....I'm a N00B, so I'm looking for someone with same or similar set up as I am running....

Kurz >>>focusrite>>>PC>>>> Studio One Pro

So my basic stumbling block is this. I plug my headphones into the back of the PC3 and it sounds like sex......awesome. Np problemo...I REALLY like this keyboard.

I plug the PC3 into the Focusrite and it sounds like A$$.

I can't seem to find any configuration that I can get a sound out of the focusrite by plugging the PC3 into ANY jack on the rear....

So I plug the PC3 into the front left mic line inputs...I get sound and it I sound like gd*mned Oscar the Grouch playing inside a garbage can....totally "low-bat".

So I know this is a problem with ME and my lack of expertise in this whole hook up....(I'm just looking for someone to chime in and help me get a good sound with this set up. Yes....I "should" contact focusrite but since I bought this unit second hand...I'm apparently a black sheep.

bby the way if there is anyone in the FFLD or New Haven County area that can physically come over and "tweak" this whole set up....I'd pay you stupid money.

Thank you in advance,

Sean

Posted : 30/05/2014 6:48 pm
andysmusic
(@andysmusic)
Eminent Member

Du you have ANY sound at all when you plug the pc3 in the lineinputs or only through the front mic-inputs? Or, does it just sounds "bad"?

I had problem with very low outputsignal from My PC3K and My presonus-firestudio, but that could easily be fixed in the pc3k.(if its the same problem- maybe even the menues arent the same with pc3k and pc3 le)

Anyway, this helped me:

http://kurzweil.com/knowledgebase/pc3k6 ... utput/267/

Andy

Posted : 30/05/2014 11:34 pm
seanl
(@seanl)
Topic starter

Thanks, that will give me something to chase down when I get home this evening,

sean

Posted : 31/05/2014 6:09 am
philskeys
(@philskeys)
Trusted Member

Hi Sean,
I have a different system but I'll chime in anyway. If you aren't getting any sound at all going into the audio jacks, look into your DAW's setting - maybe a menu called audio, VST connections, devices, or something. Make sure those jacks are enabled in the software. You usually have to arm a track to record or enabling the monitoring of the track.
When you plug into the front jacks and it sounds bad, are you hearing it mono?
Good luck ironing this out.

Posted : 31/05/2014 6:16 am
csubee
(@csubee)

Hi Sean,
I have the same problem as you had (still have?), but with the Forte and a Scarlett 8i6 board.
If I connect my headphones directly to the Forte's headphone output it sounds perfect.
However if I use any of the outputs and connect it with the Focusrite it has a very noticable degradation in sound quality.
Have you maybe found a solution to your problem?

Thanks

Posted : 17/09/2015 7:57 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Without knowing much about your specific configuration I wonder if you are using balanced cables from the audio out? Those are recommended...

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 21/09/2015 5:21 pm
bjorx
(@bjorx)

How does it sound when you're not using Studio One (DAW), just playing the synth through your soundcard/pc?

Just a guess...maybe your hear the direct sound AND the return/monitoring audio at the same time (kindda duble sound)? So check and try the monitor button (on and off).

Another thing to check is the MIDI local on/off on the PC3Le7.

Posted : 26/09/2015 2:09 pm
csubee
(@csubee)

Hi!
Yes, I am using balanced cables in the whole system.

Actually I could figure out my problem that was the following:

Altough I was using two inputs from the Forte, they were both mono.
I had to bind them together in the Focusrite's mixer software to treat them as one stereo input instead of two monos.
After this config change the sound become crisp and warm as with headphones directly from the instrument:)

Csubee

Posted : 28/09/2015 6:12 am
Share: