10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi everubody,

I'm glad to be here with many Kurzweil experts, which I'm not.
I've never played Kurzweil but I want to buy it.
I have it for 1400€, used in super condition. And I want to ask you is it a good price?
I am delighted with sounds, performances, everuthing, and I can't wait August to buy it!
In early period, a was just an old school pianist. Some good piano sounds, e. piano, strings, and organs have fulfilled my needs, and I never had a money for something serious, but lately, I want to explore a world of professional workstations, and it is big challenge for me.
I graduated Classical Music Academy, where I learned a lot of music and technique, but nothing of programming, broadly. I have a great desire to learn it on instrument that I dream about. Now, when prices fell, I can afford it to myself.

Thanks in advance! :-)

Posted : 25/07/2013 4:42 pm
Bif_
 Bif_
(@bif_)

I recently paid $1850 US which is about the same price as yours. That's a fair price but i have heard of someone getting one for $1400. I say go for it.

Posted : 25/07/2013 7:33 pm
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you so much! I'm going for it! ;-)

Posted : 26/07/2013 2:21 am
churchkeybob
(@churchkeybob)

Welcome to the world of kurz. I also played AP all my life until three years ago. I've been tracking the prices of used PC3x's and I've seen prices (US) as low as $1288.00 and as high as $2000.00. When these boards hit the low price end, they're beat up a bit. I think it's better to pay a little more and get a well cared for board. Good luck and enjoy. ~BOB

Posted : 26/07/2013 2:51 pm
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you Bob! I agree with you! With used hammer keyboards, I'm afraid of cracking keys. I have one Roland digital piano since 2001. and had a lot of problems with it. But, I have Roland stage piano since 2007. with no problems. Because I play a little bit aggressive and expressive, I'm afraid purchasing used instrument. But in same time, I didn't see many of posts eith that problem, on internet. I'm sorry if this is not a place for this topic of discussion.

Posted : 26/07/2013 3:04 pm
tz_keyz
(@tz_keyz)
Estimable Member

Thank you Bob! I agree with you! With used hammer keyboards, I'm afraid of cracking keys. I have one Roland digital piano since 2001. and had a lot of problems with it. But, I have Roland stage piano since 2007. with no problems. Because I play a little bit aggressive and expressive, I'm afraid purchasing used instrument. But in same time, I didn't see many of posts eith that problem, on internet. I'm sorry if this is not a place for this topic of discussion.

There were known issues with some Roland weighted actions. I can tell you this, there is a problem getting replacement keys for PC88, PC2x, and 2500/2600 weighted keyboards.

I believe the PC3x has the same keyboard as the PC3k8, you shouldn't have any problems getting replacement keys. I've been told the keyboard is better built than the earlier keyboards, time will tell.

Posted : 28/07/2013 7:04 am
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you so much! :-)

Posted : 30/07/2013 1:56 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

PC3 and PC3K use the same keyboard actions: Fatar TP40L (88), TP8 (76) and TP9 (61).

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 30/07/2013 6:05 am
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm sorry if I ask too many questions. Is there problem with changing voltage. I heard that there was a problem with older Kurzweils in Europe. If voltage increases or decreases it has some flashes like turning power off for safety. Some of my friends had a voltage stabilizer and there was no problem.

Thanks! :-)

Posted : 01/08/2013 3:29 pm
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I bought the PC3x and my comment is WOW! I am fully impressed with it and I'm sure that will use it for a long time. First, because I need a lot of time to explore all the features, and to find where I can use all of sounds, and in the end to learn to use all of possibilities, kombinations, setups...
See you! :-)

Posted : 02/09/2013 2:50 pm
Share: