Forum

Newbie question - h...

Notifications
Clear all

Newbie question - how do you download PC3 programs into an SP6?

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Edmund
(@wombat56)
Topic starter

Sorry to ask a really entry level question, but is there a step by step guide to how you load PC3 programs from the Kurz website into an SP6?  I've looked around, but the info available flies over my head and assumes a level of IT competence that I don't have ...   Cheers Ed 

Posted : 14/04/2023 11:15 am
mikeh11
(@mikeh11)
Trusted Member

I see two parts here - getting the files from the web site, and loading them in the SP6.

First, download the files to your computer, and unzip them. You'll now have some *.PC3 files.  Put those on a USB thumb drive.

On the SP6, insert the thumb drive, and go to Globals >> File and follow the instructions on pages 6-8 and 6-9 of the SP6 Musicians Guide (available at Kurzweil.com) to load the *.PC3 files.

The process will be similar to this: https://kurzweil.com/2020/08/28/load-backup-usbdrive/

There's an alternate way that uses the SP6 as a virtual drive, but the thumb drive worked better for me on the old PC3LE.

Also there's this objet compatibility page: https://kurzweil.com/2021/11/04/sp6-file-compatibility/

HTH!

K2000R 3.87J | MBP 2012 macOS 10.14.6

Posted : 15/04/2023 10:27 pm
Edmund
(@wombat56)
Topic starter

Hey Mike, thanks for your help.  I'm still stuck however!  Where do I find the files from the website?  I go to "downloads", click on PC3 (for example) and all that is available are User Manuals, OS updates and software editors ...

There must be something obvious I'm missing here!

All the best, Ed 

Posted : 16/04/2023 10:07 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Mike probably meant THIS website 😀 

Ksetlist is full of wonderful stuff!

Posted : 17/04/2023 5:51 am
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin

Hi Edmund,

In this forum you have lots of files from the PC3-family products.

If you want PC3 factory files, you can get the PC3LE ones that are here: 

https://ksetlist.com/community/ksetlist-com-compilations-volumes/for-sp4-users-pc3le-programs-one-per-file/

Regards,

Fran

Posted : 17/04/2023 3:43 pm
Edmund
(@wombat56)
Topic starter

@hipogrito Thank you and others.  I'm sorry, I'm a hopeless case and still stuck.  I get as far as trying to open an individual file and all I get is (e.g.) "There is no application set to open the document "prog1.PLE".  I am invited to search the App Store (but have no idea where to look) or chose an existing application on my computer (which I haven't got).  I gotta be doing something wrong here!

Posted : 21/04/2023 11:54 am
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin

Hi,

Download the PLE files, don't try to open them in the computer, just download them, put them on a thumb drive, put the thumb drive in your keyboard, go to storage mode and load the files.

Give it a try,

Regards,

Fran

Posted : 21/04/2023 2:03 pm
Edmund
(@wombat56)
Topic starter

Eureka !!  Many thanks for your help and patience.  All the best, Ed 

Posted : 22/04/2023 2:12 pm
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin