pc361 won't turn on

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

My PC361 won't come up. When I switch it on, all of the LEDs in the program and category section blink and the display backlight comes on but it just stays there with nothing ever appearing on the screen. Obviously I can't access the reset button but is there anything I can press/hold while powering it up to reset it?

Any other ideas before I send it to the shop and kiss it goodbye at the busiest time of the year?

BTW, I did email kurz support but thought I'd try this while waiting for a response.

Thanks

Posted : 11/12/2014 4:34 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Open it and check all connectors.

Posted : 11/12/2014 6:00 pm
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Jean at support had me check a specific ribbon connector which upon inspection didn't seem to be loose.
However, long story short, it seems to be working again. I had just brought it in from my vehicle and maybe it was a temperature/dampness related problem. (It's pouring here in NorCal)
Amazingly, Jean at Kurz support was right there for me and helped me through it even thought its evening in his time zone. Thanks Jean.

Posted : 11/12/2014 6:26 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

I had exactly the same problem with my PC3 in september. After a couple of freezes during normal playing, the PC3 refused to boot.
After reading some posts here and on Mastering VAST forum I decided to try the internal ribbons. They seemed to be firmly in, as in your case, but after pulling and pushing them a couple of times everything went OK.
The only remaining problem is the system time is lost every time I leave the PC3 disconnected from the mains for a couple of hours (and YES, I replaced the CR-2032 battery ;) ) so I will probably drop an e-mail to Jean soon :D

Posted : 12/12/2014 12:56 am
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

What is "system time"?

Posted : 12/12/2014 8:41 am
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

What is "system time"?

Check the Master section ;)

Posted : 12/12/2014 12:30 pm
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

What is "system time"?

Check the Master section ;)

Oh. How cool! Never even noticed that. Now i can really "watch the clock" on some of those gigs where I'd rather be somewhere else.

Posted : 12/12/2014 12:41 pm
Share: