Clear all

Problem with Setup mode. HELP PLEASE

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
mdeezy
(@mdeezy)
Topic starter

:( So I was browsing through the setup mode in the pc3k, working within Cubase, and I noticed that some of the Zones in a multi zone setup will not play. Some of them seem ok, but others will only play one zone/program in that setup. For instance, I'm sitting at my pc3k as I type with Cubase up, and connected right. I have the pc3k midi parameters(midi button) set to "USB MIDI" as I do not want double play back through my interface having local on. I enter setup mode and I go to setup program "Blue Lights". Within this setup, their are 6 zones, one being a rhythm section. I go to play the keys and only the drum rhythm plays, which I believe is Zone 3. None of the other zones will play. Some are various pads and such. However, If I change the midi parameters (midi button) to "LOCAL" the whole "setup sound" plays. Unfortunately, I cannot send midi data. Agh, and reverted back to "USB MIDI" where everything seems great, except for this little bug. I have tried to change the Destination of the zones within setup to "usbmidi" but I receive the same result. I also tried locate what zone is only being played, and change the other zones that are not being heard to that same channel. Im confused on why one zone will be heard and the other 5 will not.

Setup "Blue Lights"
Zone 3 will only be heard
The rest will not be heard.

Thank you for your time, and help would be appreciated.

Posted : 23/01/2014 9:22 pm
mdeezy
(@mdeezy)
Topic starter

Ok, please don't laugh. My buddy figured it out. There is a little tab under the MIDI channel in Cubase. Basically a channel select. You can select a specific channel 1-16 or "any". Well by default it selects channel 1. Well he noticed "any" selected that, and my problems solved. LMAO. WOW.

Posted : 24/01/2014 2:37 pm
tz_keyz
(@tz_keyz)
Estimable Member

Nobody is laughing at you, we've all hit stumbling blocks. Enjoy the feeling of relief that you sorted it out. TZ

Posted : 24/01/2014 4:14 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Great you figured it out and you posted it here the solution. Believe me, somebody else out there in the world have had the same problem as you.

Thanks!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 28/01/2014 12:51 pm
Share: