Program Layer / vol / Slider question

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Charlievv
(@charlievv)
Topic starter

HI,
I am attempting to create a program and have control over the volume of each layer on the fly via the sliders. Would probably need 4 Sliders{ A-D } to affect volume on layers 1-4. Can anyone tell me where in the manual this info on how to accomplish this is? In Setup mode I can do it but I am not able to set the sliders up in program mode per layer.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Charlie

Posted : 05/06/2016 4:39 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

For everybody in general, please specify what keyboard you have (SP4, PC3, Forte, etc...).

Thanks,

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 06/06/2016 9:23 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

Assuming it is the PC3 series you would have to create a control setup, probably starting with #126, then defining the first 4 sliders to control the various zones, then saving this arrangement as a new control setup and assigning it in MIDI mode as the new control setup. All programs would then respond to the new control setup.

Honestly, it would be easier to just create a setup for each program you would want to control this way and put the program into a 1 zone setup.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 06/06/2016 5:59 pm
Charlievv
(@charlievv)
Topic starter

Thank you for the response and info.
Your right, it would be alot easier in setup mode, but the info is good to know and I will try it.

Thanks again.

Posted : 07/06/2016 3:42 am
Charlievv
(@charlievv)
Topic starter

Sorry, yes it is a PC3K8

Posted : 07/06/2016 3:43 am
lizard king
(@lizard-king)
Trusted Member

I play almost exclusively in setup with 7 or 8 programs - vol controlled by the sliders. I'll preset a "mix" and then bring up different instruments or back them down depending on the song.

Posted : 08/06/2016 6:35 am
Charlievv
(@charlievv)
Topic starter

Thank you all for the responses. Very Helpful

Posted : 09/06/2016 3:42 am
da capo
(@d-c)
Eminent Member

HI,
... a program and have control over the volume of each layer on the fly via the sliders. Would probably need 4 Sliders{ A-D } to affect volume on layers 1-4.

PC3 series keyboards:

When your p.ex. 4-layer program is created and you´re in EDIT-MODE, go to layer #1 first, then go to the AMP page for layer #1 by pressing the AMP- soft button.
The last entry highlighted is "xx dB" on the left side of the screen.
Now press DSPMOD soft button ...
On the right side of the screen you see the controller source entries, SRC #1 and #2.
Move the cursor to the right using the cursor > arrow-button ... (there are 4 hardware-buttons to the right side of the display, cursor-left, right, up and down).
Move the cursor using the arrow-up button until SRC #1 is highlighted ...
Now select one of your sliders (DATA, MIDI- 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 or 28) as the MIDI CC controller.
(CC-pedal #1 & #2 work well too in a live-performance !)
Move the cursor down to DEPTH which will be highlighted now and set the range.
Repeat for each layer selecting a different slider as the controller/ Control Source and set the ranges.
When you´re satisfied save the program.
Done

When using SRC #2 instead of SRC #1, you have more options in regards fo controller depth control as well as the option setting a minimum AND maximum range limit.

:-)

D.C.

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:41 pm
Charlievv
(@charlievv)
Topic starter

Thank you for that response, very helpful..

Charlie

Posted : 11/06/2016 9:45 am
da capo
(@d-c)
Eminent Member

Thank you for that response, very helpful..

Charlie

Thank you ! I hoped it is even english isn´t my native language.

8-)

D.C.

Posted : 11/06/2016 12:57 pm
88keys
(@88keys)
Eminent Member

I had the same question and asked Kurzweil.
Here is the answer I got courtesy of Jean Robert Bellefeuille.
It works great!

For layer volume control in most cases you can just EDIT the given program, go to the layer you are wanting to control, go to the DSPMOD page, highlight 'Level' (left column) then navigate the cursor to the right column, and (let's say) highlight Src1.  Press+hold the ENTER button and wiggle the slider you want to assign (this is referred to as Intuitive Entry).  Now release the ENTER button and input into the associated 'Depth' field (value output at the top of the slider) any amount of gain (positive or negative) you want applied to the slider (watch your speakers).  You may also need/want to go back to the left-hand column 'Level' field and adjust the value there (value output at the bottom of the slider) to compensate.

Beta tester for the Kurzweil PC3LE and Kurzweil PC3K.
Kurzweil PC3K7, Yamaha Motif XS8, Korg M3 Xpanded 73 Key w/Radius Exp Board and EXB-M256 Memory Expansion, Korg X3, Casio WK-3700, Korg DSS-1 Sampler.

Posted : 14/06/2016 7:35 pm
Share: