3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Bro

Finally I managed to buy a Yamaha BC-1 breath controller. Could you advise me which parameter I need to tweak in on which programs to get the maximum usage of the BC ?

Thanks in Advance

Dr. KEYVen
Kurzweil PC3k6 fully loaded !!

Posted : 23/12/2014 7:23 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Hi,
download my sounds from the Kurzweil-video competition. Use the BC-trumpetsound and check how it´s working. First adjust the BC1 to work comfortably with it. I never had a BC1, but like the 2 and 3, there should be 2 potentiometers to adjust the sensitivity and groundlevel, from where it starts to react. This has to be done first, before you can start to play around with programing.
Advice for soundsprogramming: Check the structure of the trumpetsound. The most simple way to make a new one is change the waveform, and you may have a sax, a flute, you name it. Some more finer adjustments might be needed to make them sound better and be smooth playable. Basically the breathcontrol works like velocity, but instead to velocity, the parameters are connected to react to the BC. The lowpass-filter does the main job. Also, there is a small amount of volume added to the control. When you check the ALG, you will also see a HF-enhancer in the line, this brings out some more presence on hard blown notes. Dive into the sound and check the parameters and try them out, what happens when you change them.
It´s a very simple and basic structure and works so far so well. But I am certain there is much more possible with multiple layers that blend while changing the BC level. I never spent the time to come that far. Maybe next year...
Merry Chrismas! (at least for the crhistians... :) )

Posted : 24/12/2014 7:47 am
keyven
(@keyven)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks man ! for your time and advise despite festival season.... Wishing you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too... I go to all worshipping places (Church / Mosque / Hindu Temple / Buddhist Shrines) :)

Dr. KEYVen
Kurzweil PC3k6 fully loaded !!

Posted : 27/12/2014 11:29 am
Share: