Questions about Forte arp Step-Sequences

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
mikeh11
(@mikeh11)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I have some questions about the Forte arp step-sequences. I don't have a Forte - I'm just looking at the data and trying to make sense out of it. (I have a PC3LE.)

1. Are the arp step-sequences #13 "Play Chords" and #14 "Play Chords 2" the same? If not, what is different about them?

2. Do the arp step-sequences #7 "Steady", #8 "Crazy Octaves", #9 "Crazy All", #10 "AndUpAndDown", really have no note-shift values? With names like that, I would have expected to see note-shifts with octaves or something wacky going on, but I don't see that in the raw data. Maybe it actually references an arp note-shift pattern somehow?

3. Three of the arp step-sequences appear to have notes of different lengths (all the others have a constant beat). Is this true? Are the note durations in the images correct? ID #4 "Super Moria", #5 "Mix", #16 "Test Drive".

4. A question about style: if a sequence is a stream of 8th notes or 16th notes, do you want them beamed? Or left as separate notes?

Here's the bottom line: I can convert the data to music notation, but these worry me, and make me think that I'm really missing something in the Forte data. (The note-shift and velocity data from the PC3LE was simpler.)

I've attached a few images here; all of them are in the zip file.

Any comments, tips, descriptions, snap-shots, anything, will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

K2000R 3.87J | MBP 2012 macOS 10.14.6

Posted : 03/04/2017 8:24 am
Share: