SP6 or PC3 LE8

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Huw1952
(@huw1952)
Topic starter

Hello all,
A newbie question, though I have had a few Kurzweils in the past. I have the opportunity of buying the SP6 or a bargain PC3 LE8 as new. I wonder if anyone has a preference for either board? My main use for i would be gigging so the PC3 loses out there on weight; however I will be doing quite a few Bruce Springsteen songs and I noticed that Roy Bittan uses 2 PC3s for his sounds!
I previously owned an SP4 -7 and I think the piano sounds of the PC are from the same soundset? I did find that one note in the standard grand did irritate me (around an F I think?) but the PC is very user-friendly and editable? I have read that the SP6 has the fortes pianos - German and Japanese? How do these compare to the older PC?
The monetary difference would be about £300 (the SP6 more expensive). Your thoughts will make interesting reading!!
Thanks
Huw

Posted : 13/03/2018 10:31 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

My recommendation, get an SP6. You have more than triple the FXs than the PC3LE, double the polyphony, waaaaaay more samples, including all the PC3LE samples. Yes, the VAST editing is NOT on the UI of the SP6, an external editor is needed, and it does not have things like drum pads, etc.

See here all the differences: http://kurzweil.com/knowledgebase/sp6/p ... isons/311/

But, for playing live, you are getting much better sounds out the SP6.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 13/03/2018 12:23 pm
Huw1952
(@huw1952)
Topic starter

Many thanks for your helpful advice, which I will certainly act on! The PC has now been sold anyway.

Posted : 14/03/2018 6:15 am
Eclipse69
(@eclipse69)
Eminent Member

Many thanks for your helpful advice, which I will certainly act on! The PC has now been sold anyway.

I have a PC 3 LE 7, it's true I had a problem but it was successfully solved and now everything is great! Do not rush the decision, the difference in weight is important, polyphony too, but if these two things are not your problem .... take PC3LE8 !!!
Best regards,
Krasimir Petrov

Posted : 05/04/2018 3:35 am
Share: