---Two questions about my PC3LE

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

--I looked for the answers so nobody be mean to me!! LOL!!

1--In program mode I have to turn the knob down each time to keep each sound from having too much reverb, is there a way to set this reverb level lower?

2--On some of my synths I have the ability to change the firmness or softness of the key action, I'm used to a synth action and the feel is pretty tough for me.

Thank you for your help.
Scott 8-)

Posted : 10/02/2015 7:22 am
Jean_Bellefeuille
(@jean_bellefeuille)
Eminent Member

1--In program mode I have to turn the knob down each time to keep each sound from having too much reverb, is there a way to set this reverb level lower?

After tweaking any given knob, note the SAVE button LED lights. Press Save to store your changes. Choose a User ID location to save to (you can even save back on top of the original ID* if you like). Press Save again.

(*the original factory program will still be there just temporarily hidden by your custom edit sitting 'on top'.)

2--On some of my synths I have the ability to change the firmness or softness of the key action, I'm used to a synth action and the feel is pretty tough for me.

There is no way to mechanically alter the action but you can alter its velocity response - which means its sensitivity to your playing strength.

There are several ways to do this and your application will ultimately dictate the best method, but for basic global adjustments, go to the MASTER menu and dial through some of the preset choices for "VelMap". You might prefer 'Light 3' for ex.

(manual pg. 9-3 has further details).

Jean Bellefeuille
http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Posted : 10/02/2015 11:53 am
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

--Thank you for your help...
Scott

Posted : 10/02/2015 1:58 pm
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

---Follow up__

I did as you suggested and the touch is far easier now but I guess I don't understand the reverb situation with that knob. Is it set to cavern by default and there's no way to make it different without saving the sound someplace else?
The reverb is overwhelming and seems like it shouldn't be set like that by default...
Thanks, Scott

Posted : 11/02/2015 6:06 am
Uncle Mark
(@uncle-mark)

You maybe adding reverb from your mixer. Turn it off. Normally, there is reverb on the programs but not as present as you mention. If your mixer is not in cause, check from the headphone jack. If the problem is there, you might need more help from Mr. Bellefeuille who, by the way, is the BEST source in such situations.

Posted : 11/02/2015 6:59 am
Jean_Bellefeuille
(@jean_bellefeuille)
Eminent Member

---Follow up__

I did as you suggested and the touch is far easier now but I guess I don't understand the reverb situation with that knob. Is it set to cavern by default and there's no way to make it different without saving the sound someplace else?
The reverb is overwhelming and seems like it shouldn't be set like that by default...
Thanks, Scott

Of course every program will be different so without knowing which exact program(s) you are judging this by I can only speak in generalities, but yes, if you need to edit the reverb/knob amount you do this per program as detailed.

If you are uncertain if perhaps previous edits were already made to the LE (leading to abnormal settings) the simplest thing to do is hard reset, which will clear all user settings and put the unit back to its factory state. At which point you will hear things as originally authored (checking directly with headphones into the LE is a good idea to rule out external factors).

Might not be a bad idea to check too to see that you are running the most current OS (2.26) and update need be.

Jean Bellefeuille
http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Posted : 11/02/2015 11:15 am
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

---Thanks to both of you for your replies. The over use of reverb is every program in the program mode but when I turn the knob the reverb goes to 0 and is tolerable..
I've thought about doing a hard reset but won't I lose all of the performances I've done? I've saved everything a few times to a memory stick but if I use it with the old knob settings won't it just revert back to the same problem?
I'm up to date on the O.S. I'm pretty sure....

Posted : 11/02/2015 8:06 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Hm, a reset would be the best, because I think there is something messed up. Usually, the most "natural" sounds in the Kurz are quite dry with a very decent amount of noticable room-FX.
You might save your stuff first (save all), do a reset then, and check the sounds now.
Then you might load your setups including dependencies (instead of just loading "all") by advancing into the set and then choosing all setups you want to load including dependencies. On a non LE this can be done, I don´t know if it can be done on a LE too.

Posted : 12/02/2015 2:50 pm
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

---Thanks, I appreciate the advice...

Posted : 12/02/2015 3:16 pm
szczepanek04
(@szczepanek04)

I see the topic is quite old, but it's up to date for me now. I have the same problem with fixed reverb on each program in Program Mode. Just to ask Scott Murrell - hard reset helped you to solve the problem?

*it helped

Regards
Lukasz

Posted : 12/04/2018 12:09 am
Share: