Clear all

Which Kurzweil:The SP5-8,Artis,etc?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Denv12
(@denv12)
Topic starter

I posted before looking for a new 88 note piano.What I have is a Roland RD700SX stage piano.Its 9 years old.Great for home use.Suits my needs.I just want to upgrade.The RD700sx can layer 4 zones and adding drums from onboard it makes life simple for playing my music.I need a similar set up on my next piano.I would like to know which of the Kurzwel pianos are better suited to my needs.

I need a variety of pianos,grand pianos,electric pianos.I need to layer 4 zones and add drums from onboard too.Dont want to purchase any separate equipment.I have a Tascam digital recorder that I use for mixing/recording.I'm still using my Roland KC350 amp I bought at the same time as the RD700SX.

Which of the 88 note pianos would be the better piano? I was looking at the Forte,the Artis and the SP5-8.Should I be considering any others Kurzweil's? My budget starts around $2000 and I'll spend more if I need to.(I'm in Australia).

Hope you can give me some advice.Thanks.

Posted : 28/07/2014 12:58 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

you

Which of the 88 note pianos would be the better piano? I was looking at the Forte,the Artis and the SP5-8. Should I be considering any others Kurzweil's? My budget starts around $2000 and I'll spend more if I need to.(I'm in Australia). Hope you can give me some advice.Thanks.

If I were to rank the acoustic grand piano from a "sound" perspective they would be in this order (IMO):

Forte
Artis
RD700SX
SP5-8

Also consider that with the Forte and Artis you are getting other great sounds from the PC3 series, which is a pretty fine sounding keyboard in the non-acoustic piano realm.

Keybed "feel" is another topical discussion that I won't get into; what feels right to one person could feel wrong to another.

My two cents. ....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 28/07/2014 2:11 pm
Denv12
(@denv12)
Topic starter

you

Which of the 88 note pianos would be the better piano? I was looking at the Forte,the Artis and the SP5-8. Should I be considering any others Kurzweil's? My budget starts around $2000 and I'll spend more if I need to.(I'm in Australia). Hope you can give me some advice.Thanks.

If I were to rank the acoustic grand piano from a "sound" perspective they would be in this order (IMO):

Forte
Artis
RD700SX
SP5-8

Also consider that with the Forte and Artis you are getting other great sounds from the PC3 series, which is a pretty fine sounding keyboard in the non-acoustic piano realm.

Keybed "feel" is another topical discussion that I won't get into; what feels right to one person could feel wrong to another.

My two cents. ....

Thanks Delaware Dave.I'll look at the Forte more in depth.I have been thinking the Artis was my first choice.

Posted : 28/07/2014 2:57 pm
Share: