7 Users
0 Likes
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

OK, name your TOP 3 favorite Factory Programs in your Kurzweil keyboard. Only 3! Those that you can't live without. Those that when you turn the keyboard on, you instantly select to play with. And please tell us what product you have as those programs might have different ids in different products.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 19/08/2014 11:34 am
Igloo1976
(@igloo1976)
Eminent Member

I'm using a PC3

I'd have to go with:
131 Grand Piano 440
224 Heaven & Earth
50 Perfect Strangers

Kurzweil PC3 + Kore64, Kurzweil PC88MX, Roland Fantom XR, Korg O5/RW, Yamaha S90XS, Nord Rack 2X.

Posted : 19/08/2014 1:10 pm
jggiano
(@jggiano)

That's a tough one, but due the the superior Orchestral sounds that the PC3K offers, my most-used and top 3 favorite Factory Programs are:

399 SloLine Interlude
4 Horowitz Grand
401 Fast Winds & Str

That probably sounds "boring" to many, but for the style of music I play--they work great.

Posted : 20/08/2014 6:09 am
Zep
 Zep
(@zep)
Eminent Member

This topic forced me to put my keyboard off the case to check out your favorite's, they're great :D
I don't play many of the Factory programs, i usally use sounds downloaded from this site as well as the other sites and my own sounds. But from factory sounds (PC3) i ilke (and use) most:

18 Stevie's Rhds with the SW button and Modwh ON
390 Denoucment
3202 Super Saw from Kore 64

Posted : 20/08/2014 12:59 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

On my PC3 the top 3 factory programs are (in no particular order):
842 Pro Piano
24 Woodstock Clunker
329 Silent Sorrow
I do not include any KB3 or "moogy" sounds because my favorite ones are not presets.
Interesting topic, btw ;)

Posted : 20/08/2014 2:30 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

I use the PC361
Woodstock Clunker (I ALWAYS have to turn up vibrato a bit, until now I was to lazy to reprogram that. LoL)
Selfmade Piano - I call it KM GrandPiano - started from Horowitz Piano (strongly tweaked to switch a pad on/off, volume control of the pad with wheel + equal volume of higher piano notes to ease solo lines. It´s still just a program, no combi. Fits everywhere as piano and can be adapted while playing)
Selfmade Organ - I call it KM Mellow. Started from Mellow Mitch (tweaked to have more soul+funky sound to my taste, more overdrive range. Usually change the drawbars all the time while playing.)

I don´t really start to play with that initially, but those are my most important tools that I use in live-stettings. Soul+Funk band. Charts and Top40 stuff.

Posted : 20/08/2014 3:38 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

Technically my favorite is not a factory sound, though because Kurz offers the Synthscapes Sound Pack as a free factory download my favorite go to sound is Analog Sawpad which defaults to 1158 when you load the synthscapes into a factory fresh PC3K. It's just such a meaty, rich sound with some real teeth I love it. ;)

Gary

EDIT >>> Kurzweil really should build this one into the factory set of whatever replaces the Forte as the next latest and greatest.

Posted : 21/08/2014 8:36 pm
Share: