Clear all

Working with the Leslie effect

31 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
16.7 K Views
theover
(@theover)

Talking about organ sensibility, it always surprises the heck out of me that in seemingly limitless ant-messing posts for year on a row on all kinds of sites, nobody ever gets down to establishing the two manuals with normal working split point should have been a serious update-item....

Posted : 27/06/2013 9:49 am
angeloz
(@angeloz)

To the over:
WE should work on it! A double manual organ clone, with double leslie on both manuals, and the possibility to have another keyboard connected via midi... I think a lot of people would love it on the PC3!

To delaware dave:

I just modified the effect chain (Double leslie 10 i believe).
In the Mod2 page, I assigned to the Box 2 and Box 4 the parameter "Speed", adjust "fast", Source "Midi 29" (It's the switch button), Depth "1".
It works!
Than i saved the effect chain with another name, assigned it to the aux1 effect of the kb3 program, silenced the insert channel, etc...

And now, it's up to you:
How do you managed to switch the faders to control kb3 and vast organ separately? I never realized how to do it!

Posted : 28/06/2013 9:33 am
angeloz
(@angeloz)

to kaffimusic:
I will post the setup as soon as possible!

Posted : 28/06/2013 9:34 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

assigned it to the aux1 effect of the kb3 program

This is where I'm not clear .... Did you assign the new effects chain to the setup? or to the KB3 zone of the setup? or the KB3 program itself and put that KB3 program in the setup? your use of the term KB3 program is confusing me as it makes me think that you assigned the new effect to the KB3 program rather than a setup, then you put the KB3 program in a setup that also has VAST program and miraculously the VAST and the KB3 program in that setup now have the double leslie applied. Are you actually meaning to say that you then applied the new effect to the setup's Aux1 effect?

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 28/06/2013 10:02 am
angeloz
(@angeloz)

I applied the new effect chain to the kb3 Program.
I saved the program with the name "Upper manual".
Than i modified an hammond vast program. I deleted the percussion layer (no percussion on lower manual). Than i went to the effect page of the program and assigned no effects to insert and aux. Than i turned the insert effect destination to "second". Now the program has no sound. I saved the program with the name "lower manual"

I created a setup with the "Upper manual" un zone 1 and "lower manual" on zone 2.
I went to the "aux1fx" page of the Setup.
I setted the volume at 24 for the aux1 effect of the zone 1.
I did this on both zones.

Now both zones are routed trough the auxfx1 of the zone 1, that is the effect chain of the kb3 program called "upper manual".

The switch button works as a control for leslie speed for this effect.

I will post the setup as soon as possible.

Posted : 28/06/2013 11:30 am
angeloz
(@angeloz)

Here's the setup.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=500&p=1224#p1224

Posted : 28/06/2013 1:53 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Thank you. I can not check it out right now, I am still in holidays on Crete :mrgreen:

Posted : 29/06/2013 1:11 am
aron
 aron
(@aron)

> Dave isn't with Kurzweil anymore

Since when???

Aron

Posted : 01/07/2013 4:10 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

Several weeks now.

Posted : 02/07/2013 3:45 am
aron
 aron
(@aron)

I don't understand how you know this stuff. Are you working for Kurzweil???

Personally I think this is a MAJOR loss. This does not bode well for the company. Not only that - I was promised a Kore board too in the past :(

Posted : 03/07/2013 12:44 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

Well, I am registered to Mastering VAST forum as well, and Dave posted that there, and on Keyboard Corner forums as well. He went onwards to do freelance synth programming for Broadway shows and set up his own company, DW Consulting (website coming soon).

You make it sound like Kurzweil depended solely on Dave, but that's not the case. They have capable people there, they will survive. It's not the end of the world, and it's certainly not a matter of deteriorating their customer support. Jean is still there and kicking ass as usual. Don't worry! :)

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:17 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

And taking names ....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:44 pm
aron
 aron
(@aron)

> You make it sound like Kurzweil depended solely on Dave, but that's not the case

He was a major contributor online. He was important IMO. I never said they depended solely on him, but don't underestimate how losing a valued employee affects a company. No matter how it is spun, this is not good.

Posted : 08/07/2013 5:58 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

It's not that they won't have a replacement. We have Fran here. And Jean pops up when any hardware issues are abound.

It's all going to be alright, IMHO.

Posted : 09/07/2013 1:38 am
aron
 aron
(@aron)

Yeah, where are the posts???? Dave used to post all the time. Don't tell me that his departure goes unnoticed. :cry:
Oh well.

Posted : 18/07/2013 3:56 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: