4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hy everybody,

I am glad to be here with so many Kurzweil players. I bought my PC3x a mounth ago, and I am still impressed with enormous possibilities, and think that will bi impressed on and on while learning and going deeper in the core of the instrument.
A years ago, until I went to the high music school, I was classical piano player, and knew only about acoustic piano and little part of piano technique. Some times, when my grandfather come to Serbia, he learn me some Jazz standards, and everugreen hita.
In high school, I meet some good musicians, and school friends who were in bands and had more music experience. I started to learn pentatonic scales, and improve piano technique on the piano classes. In that period, I had, and still have and use, Roland HP 550G digital piano, and started to learn about MIDI recording, and a piece of arrangment organisation. Later, I started to learn guitar and drums, wich I played in some Metal and Punk bands. Teenage dreams.
When I enrolled the Academy of Music, theory and music pedagogy, I founded a Hard Rock band, and played only Piano, Organs and Strings! All of pads, synths, leads was too synthetic for me. I had, and stil have Roland RD300sx. All of my keys was Roland, because my grandfuther has discount for the Roland products. :-)
Later, after studies, I have played in some Jazz trios, as pianist, wich I love to do nowadays too.
When I got the job as Counterpoint, and Conducting professor in high music school in Zrenjanin, that year when I came in Zrenjanin, I got an ofer to play in Abba real tribute band, where I stil play. I was cluttered with so many sounds, wich I have never used. I bought the Juno Di, the iPad with a lot of music apps, and had the Roland PRO-E, wich I used as MIDI controler.
Sincerly, I don't like to play more than one keyboard on the stage, especially for Abba, there is a lot of playing for keyboardist and it' easyer, for me, to play only one keyboard. RD is stage piano, and can split keyboard in only two parts, and layer only two sounds in one. I knew for the PC3 even when it released, but it was so expencive for me, and I didn't have needs for its possibilities.
But nowadays, I need and want to have all of this tons of possibilities, and so many fantastic sounds! I want to learn, learn, and learn all the things I missed this years. I have never had a workstation and I am, as I sad, impressed, especially with my Kurzweil. I am not that good in english to explain my pleasure while I'm playing the PC3x. I bought it for 1400€, and it is in fabric condition.
As so many keyboardists, I respect the Jordan Rudess style among others, but I'm not (yet) progressive keyboardist. I have a lot of my piano and piano-orchestra inspirations, compositions-improvisations, recorded in a moment of inspiration. I have a lot of my songs, and projects I involoved in, but, if it's piano and classical music (Kurzweils orchestra setups) I love to play alone and make harmonic and dynamic gradations in the moment, wich, in many cases, can't be understandable to other members. But, when I play PC3 with band, let it be Metal! A lot of diferent rhitms, riffs, solos... Jam, record, Jam, record, and use a lot of things in new project.
That's all about me. :-)
Now, I am working on Abba sounds, and will be glad to share with you my setups. I am not that good in Kurzweil setups and don't now yet, a lot of opportunities, but, maby there is one beginner in sound setup, as me, and will be happy to download spme sounds.

Be well!

Cheers,

Marko

Posted : 02/09/2013 1:17 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Welcome!

As you said: LET IT BE METAL!

Regards,
Fran