Clear all

NXTP Demo Patch -- San Pedro

3 Posts
1 Users
2 Likes
poserp
(@poserp)
Topic starter

Here is a demo patch for my forthcoming NXTP (NXT Piano) soundware package. The purpose of this package is to produce electric and acoustic "pianos" that don't necessarily emulate other electric pianos, but feel like real instruments when you play them. So, there are sounds in these that are kind of like a Rhodes, or a mix between a Wurlitzer and a Clavinet, or so on, but I hope they'll stand on their own as unique instruments.

This demo patch contains one of these models, called the NXTP San Pedro. Included in this are two patches -- one, a purely FM version that has a sort of "Wurlitzer" type of sound. The second patch is the full-blown implementation that includes the NXTP "special sauce", taking the FM sound further towards feeling and acting like a real instrument.

Anyways, enjoy, and feel free to leave comments about what you think about this patch and whether or not you'd be interested in a soundware package like this.

Posted : 07/10/2013 12:59 am
RobsonLuis reacted
poserp
(@poserp)
Topic starter

Here are sound demos:

https://soundcloud.com/poserp/sets/nxtp-san-pedro

The "presets" you hear are simply tweaks to the sliders. When I'm done voicing the presets I'll post those here as well so you can play with them.

Posted : 09/10/2013 11:13 am
poserp
(@poserp)
Topic starter

O.k., here are the ten "presets" for NXTP San Pedro that will be included in the final package. I'll add sound demos a bit later. 1-4 are already up on my Soundcloud page, the rest will follow in the next few days.

You may want to check out the PROGFX -- I've linked in a couple of the custom effects chains that will be included in NXTP. Overall I plan to do 20 or so chains with various effects combinations. The two included here are NXTP Chorus and NXTP Phaser; feel free to use these however you wish.

All (with one or two exceptions) of the NXTP effect chains will have the same signal path: effect --> soundboard --> amp. You can turn the amp on and off using SW, the soundboard amount is on Slider I and the effect itself is controlled via Slider H. For NXTP Chorus, Slider H controls depth. For NXTP Phaser, Slider H controls the speed of the phaser.

Enjoy!

Posted : 11/10/2013 1:50 am
RobsonLuis reacted
Share: