Clear all

The Cars - Drive

8 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
tkeys
(@tkeys)
Topic starter

I have a PC3LE6 and I have been working on this song for a long time trying to figure out how to incorporate all of the sounds and play the song live without sequencing any parts. This is as close as I could get, hope you all enjoy.

Thank you
tkeys

Posted : 28/10/2013 8:09 am
RobsonLuis reacted
tkeys
(@tkeys)
Topic starter

I'm not very good at explaining what to play where so I thought this might help.
http://youtu.be/aMV2Lz3efrw

Posted : 07/11/2013 4:55 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Thanks! The video helps a lot!

Good job!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 11/11/2013 8:46 am
tkeys
(@tkeys)
Topic starter

Thanks, I am glad that the video helped, those drum pads sure do come in handy.

Posted : 13/11/2013 3:14 pm
tonybanksfan
(@tonybanksfan)
Eminent Member

Thanks, I am glad that the video helped, those drum pads sure do come in handy.

Is there a drum accompaniment? How do you turn it on?

Posted : 13/11/2013 7:07 pm
tkeys
(@tkeys)
Topic starter

I'm sorry but there is no drum accompaniment.

Posted : 14/11/2013 1:49 pm
tonybanksfan
(@tonybanksfan)
Eminent Member

I'm sorry but there is no drum accompaniment.

Oh okay, I'm just confused by you mentioning the drum pads, I don't understand how it relates to the file. Am I missing something?

Posted : 14/11/2013 3:43 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Hi friends, let me resume this very old thread…

[Semi-OT] Background: about 40 years ago, I knew nothing about Kurzweil but I was performing in a band and the guitarist proposed to cover some old Cars songs. I only had a Crumar electronic piano (which covered well the CP-30 they used) and a Korg synth (which reproduced the early FS-700 sounds fairly well and alternately some sounds from their ARP Omni) plus a Farfisa organ they used in Candy-O. So far, so good but then Heartbeat city came out, and due to the complexity of their arrangements I could only reproduce a couple of songs within. Drive was obviously not in the list. When I got my first digital synths that band was over.[/OT].
Now, I’ m trying to convince my current band mates to perform this song, so I loaded this setup (now multi) in my PC4 but there are many things to adjust. The explanation video is not available anymore on YouTube. Is there anybody who can explain how this setup was used? Thanks in advance!

P. S. If I can produce a PC4 handy version of this stuff, I will load it here. 

Posted : 04/02/2024 2:43 pm
Share: