KBank2: A Bank of 19 User Setups for the PC3K Series

21 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
Kurzhead
(@kurzhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

KBank2 is a bank of nineteen (19) User Setups for the Kurzweil PC3K series of synthesizers.

Each Setup in Bank2 has been created by i) “layering” existing, publicly-available Program sounds and, in most cases, ii) adding at least one additional publicly-available onboard auxiliary processing effect.

Attached are the following three documents:

An Overview PDF document - providing guidance for loading and auditioning the User Setups contained within KBank2

The KBank2 bank of 19 User Setups – provided as a .P3K file

A PDF document - PC3KSetups - KBank2 List, listing the Object ID, name and sound category under which each Setup in KBank2 was saved.

Enjoy! … and please provide feedback to this KSetlist posting on any of your favorite sounds in the KBank2.

Kurzhead

SP4 Advocate

Posted : 04/08/2019 11:34 am
RobsonLuis reacted
Kurzhead
(@kurzhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi All,
I see lots of views of the KBank-1 and -2 Setups for PC3K. Thanks for looking.
But no feedback!! :(
None at all!!!
I have eight more similar Setups Banks for PC3K (KBank-3-10) that I would have fun uploading if I there is interest. Let me know.
If not, I guess I’ll head off with my tail between my legs to the Facebk Kurz site. Or even worse - dust off my Korg Kronos :o Don’t make me do it. Send me some feedback on KBank-1 & -2 for dear old PC3K’s sake (my favorite ever synth).
Kurzhead

SP4 Advocate

Posted : 09/08/2019 6:01 pm
JB107048
(@jb107048)
Eminent Member

I think the participation rate is not always an indicator of whether or not it's appreciated.

I'll download it and try it out in the next week or so, and let you know.

Thanks for making a contribution. Might pay to upload the other banks to this thread too?

PC3x, PC3K8/K64+GD

Posted : 11/08/2019 7:05 am
Kurzhead
(@kurzhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the interest in KBank-1 & -2 and for the encouragement. The KBanks are very easy and quick to load into the PC3K - the sounds are all derived from Kurzweil Programs, so no new sample data required to be loaded. It’s basic Setups programming, but hopefully something interesting in there to enjoy. Let me know if you like any of the sounds.
Best,
Kurzhead

SP4 Advocate

Posted : 11/08/2019 6:23 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Hi, Kurzhead!
I always look at your posts (and when I had a SP4-7 I tried some of the banks you uploaded for that keyboard.
Unfortunately as I wrote there I could only test your banks very quickly and now I don't own the sp4 anymore. I'm waiting for my keyboard pusher to test the forthcoming pc4 or get a pc3. When I get the new keyboard I promise I will try and comment your banks.
That said , thanks for your uploads, they help a lot to keep this wonderful site alive.
P. S. I must remember to avoid posting from the smartphone. If you find funny errors in this post you know why :)

Posted : 11/08/2019 11:02 pm
Kurzhead
(@kurzhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Many thanks for your feedback on my SP4 And PC3K postings. I’ll keep posting PC3K KBanks.
If you get a PC4 let us all know how you like it. I’m intrigued by the prospect of uploading old FM SYSEX files - I have a ton of those from DX7 days that I would love to resurrect in a modern synth.
Best,
Kurzhead

SP4 Advocate

Posted : 12/08/2019 2:43 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

As a former long time owner of a DX7-II I have also collected a lot of FM sounds. I will try them immediately if I can get a PC4.
Best regards
C.

Posted : 13/08/2019 10:48 am
Kurzhead
(@kurzhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Did anyone have a chance to audition any of the KBank Setups? It would be great to receive some feedback. If there’s interest I’ll upload some more Banks.

SP4 Advocate

Posted : 02/09/2019 4:22 am
Kurzhead
(@kurzhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

So disappointed not to get any feedback on these Setups. Over 3000 hits on the KBanks but no discussion! Love ‘em or hate ‘em, either way I was hoping to at least enjoy some PC3K chat with the group prompted by these.
Is there anybody out there? .... hmmm, that’s given me an idea about a Floyd Wall patch.

SP4 Advocate

Posted : 26/10/2019 7:39 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

I understand your disappointment, but good news are to come :D
I finally got a PC3 and three vacation days are coming, so I will be able to test your setups. Promised ;)

P.S. if I can I will soon replace the PC3 with a PC4. Apart from the new features, I'm getting old and the PC3 is soooo heavy :cry:

Posted : 31/10/2019 8:30 am
Kurzhead
(@kurzhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I spend my vacation mornings with my PC3K too. I really hope you find at least one KBank setup that you like. I have lots of other KBanks I could upload to the KSetlist if there’s interest.
I’m also hankering after a PC4.
All the best,
Kurzhead

SP4 Advocate

Posted : 01/11/2019 7:00 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

OK, I had a chance to try both banks...
As I probably wrote after trying those for SP4 your setups sound fine, but as my current activity is playing with four different cover bands I need to fill my keyboards with setups matching their playlists.
They're often complex setups, especially when prog rock comes in.
Anyway, as I have much more locations on my PC3 than I had on SP4, I will keep some of them which I found very inspiring, Mirrors and Pulsotron above others.
Thank you for sharing ;)

Posted : 03/11/2019 3:46 pm
billbk
(@billbk)
Eminent Member

Hey, I just tried out both of your banks. Some very excellent combinations that I never would have thought of that give new life to to some of the old sounds. Great job (please keep'em coming). The only thing I'd change (which granted only takes a second) is to activate slider I so the reverb control is active.
Thanks

Posted : 04/11/2019 10:17 am
Kurzhead
(@kurzhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the feedback and for the tip on activating Slider I for reverb. I think I should be able to work out how to do that from the Musician’s Guide ..... otherwise I’ll come back to beg for some instruction. All the best, Kurzhead

SP4 Advocate

Posted : 04/11/2019 7:09 pm
billbk
(@billbk)
Eminent Member

1. You need to decide if you want to add/control the reverb for every zone within your setup (you may want to NOT have any reverb on a certain zone, even when you have a lot on another).
2. Slider I is set up to control reverb as standard, so it's usually just a matter of activating that slider for the chosen zones.
3. If slider I is already controlling another function on a zone, say the amount of vibrato, you may either want to reassign that function to another slider, or not have reverb on that zone.
4. For the chosen zones: Edit / Go to Slider 2 page / Go down to SlideI / While holding down the Enter button, move slider I. That will make Slider I control Slider I function (reverb).
5. Always good housekeeping to assign Ent and Exit values (so carry over info doesn't corrupt your next setup). Set Ent for 0, Exit for 127.

Posted : 05/11/2019 2:34 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: