Clear all

KSetList vs Forte

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
jayceeaz
(@jayceeaz)
Topic starter

I know this is not a "discussion" forum, but I am hoping someone can guide me. I am a brand-spanking new Forte user (new to Kurzweil completely) and I have downloaded some of the KSetList contributions to try out (Thank you very much, contributors!) However, nearly every one I try doesn't seem like it is what it's supposed to be. Lots of hissing, noises, or "Not Found" in many zones.

Question: Is the KSetList (this site) for Forte users? I do not see Forte listed in the list of instruments supported in this very forum.

Thanks in advance,
Jc

PS: I tried the "wiggling a knob" thing to see if anything would snap the Programs into working order, but nada.

Posted : 28/06/2018 5:26 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

If a file at KSetlist has Multis/Setups and those are using factory Programs from their source (PC3 or whatever) those will NOT work unless those programs are there as user programs.

But, at the Program Level, the Forte has all the keymaps and samples of PC3 family and they all should just work.

Could you check in the cases you tried if it is about multis missing programs?

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 29/06/2018 9:49 am
jayceeaz
(@jayceeaz)
Topic starter

I apologize, I should have mentioned that. It's playing the Multis for sure. Once I realized they were mostly "not found" programs, I went back to Program mode, User, and started making my Faves list in the sound editor app :)

The Programs are amazing!! So for that, I am eternally grateful. As for Multis, I guess once I learn how, I can (re)build them for Forte, and maybe make that my contribution here - if no one beats me to it.

I mostly wanted to make sure this site was A-OK for Forte (which I assumed it was, just checking)
J

Posted : 29/06/2018 5:01 pm
Share: