Midi 2.0???

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
JB107048
(@jb107048)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Just want to know if anyone has jumped on this bandwagon yet or not.

I understand that Roland has a way with moving quickly on these things and already has products to market, but I am curious to know if the current Kurzweil products have the ability to implement or support either in part or whole the midi 2.0 functionality.

It would be rather foolish to make assumptions, but my guess is that probably *not possible* or *end of life* assigned tags would apply to PC3K and possbly anything less than a forte, leaving the pc4 to be the 'first port of call' - except nowhere in the PC4's webpage specs does it say exactly WHAT midi standards are supported.

Obviously we'd all more than likely be aware that midi 1.0 is supported, but there is no clarification on what midi 2.0 specs are supported, either in part or in whole.

Marketing must have overlooked this? or maybe stating that "Complete midi functionality over USB" means midi 2.0 supported but not fully qualified at the time this document was published.... One must not draw conclusions too soon, so it would be nice to hear an officially unofficial clarification if time permits.

I am simply curious. It would be nice to see some limited implementation / midi 2.0 support in a firmware update for my pc3k, but I also understand that it's likely to be a dreamboat - so the next logical question is whether or not the new PC4 controller supports 2.0 in full.

PC3x, PC3K8/K64+GD

Posted : 05/04/2020 10:28 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

We'll see when it's the time, but I can assure you that the PC3 family will not see this at all. Products released 10 years ago will not see software updates with new MIDI functionality.

MIDI 2.0 has many different branches of functionality. Some will surely be used by many brands, some will not. But time will tell.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 07/04/2020 7:14 pm
JB107048
(@jb107048)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Cool thanks Fran.

PC3x, PC3K8/K64+GD

Posted : 26/04/2020 4:05 am
Share: