Clear all

PC4 factory presets for Forte?

5 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Kurznuts
(@kurznuts)
Topic starter

Is there any chance to load PC4 presets into the Forte? I tried with a couple of PC4 presets but in some cases in the Forte keymap numbers were wrong and FX presets were missing. I think Kurzweil should make these VASTly improved PC4 sounds available for Forte owners who paid a premium.

Posted : 29/03/2020 5:13 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

The PC4 has 2 GB of factory samples, the Forte has 12+ GB of factory samples. Keymaps refer to those samples.

Not all the PC4 sounds will just play in the Forte and not all Forte sounds will just play in the PC4 because they just happen to have different samples.

Now, the samples that are shared, those work well, and you can load the programs that use those without any problems.There are way more programs that use the common samples between the 2 products than not.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 31/03/2020 5:19 pm
DaKurz
(@dakurz)

Hi,

The PC4 has 2 GB of factory samples, the Forte has 12+ GB of factory samples. Keymaps refer to those samples.

Not all the PC4 sounds will just play in the Forte and not all Forte sounds will just play in the PC4 because they just happen to have different samples.

Now, the samples that are shared, those work well, and you can load the programs that use those without any problems.There are way more programs that use the common samples between the 2 products than not.

It's not only the samples. Some keymaps are also using different numbers even though the keymaps are identical otherwise. On top of that quite a few PC4 FX presets are not available in Forte. It's disappointing that the PC4 beats the flagship product Forte in the quality of presets. Any chance that the PC4 presets will be made available for Forte owners like K2000/2500 legacy presets?

Posted : 03/04/2020 1:46 am
DaKurz
(@dakurz)

I converted a handful of PC4 sounds to Forte. It was quite a bit of work but worth it. In my opinion these PC4 EP sounds make external sample libraries redundant. Much better playability than Forte's internal EPs. The Fierce Rock 9ft piano is meant for using it in a band setting where most Forte factory pianos don't cut through so well.

Posted : 05/04/2020 4:17 am
Yukahsound reacted
ricramm
(@ricramm)

DaKurz, couldn't load your converted PC4 sounds.

Posted : 07/06/2020 3:39 am
Share: