7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
stormfront
(@stormfront)
Topic starter

Hi all,

First post here I think.

I opened up my case tonight to find the lowest key on my PC3 drooping. Fortunately it is not sounding and so everything boots up ok. I can play the keyboard and even that lowest key make some sound although not very controllable velocity-wise.

Anyway, has any of you replaced just one key? Are they even available? Band schedule is very busy this summer and won't allow much downtime to send the instrument away for very long.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Pete

Posted : 16/05/2013 7:01 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

I'd recommend that you ask http://kurzweil.com/support/ as well.

Good luck with that key.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 18/05/2013 12:47 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

About 6 months ago the same thing happened to me. I opened my bag at a gig and noticed that C7 was slightly drooping down about 1/8". I had used the keyboard earlier in the day and all was fine. I played the gig and the key was functional, just droopy. In between sets I was fiddling with the keyboard trying to correct it to no avail, I had the keyboard upside down, on its side, I was shaking it, but no dice. I brought the keyboard home that night and was trying to get it corrected but to no avail. The next week I had another gig and when I opened the case the key was back in its normal position. It has been fine ever since. Go figure.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 22/05/2013 6:24 pm
stormfront
(@stormfront)
Topic starter

ok, so I'm thinking the spring fell out, I can hear something rolling around inside. I will open the PC3 up and get the spring, then determine if something is broken or the spring can just be replaced.

I'll report back later this week.

Pete

Posted : 27/05/2013 7:02 am
stormfront
(@stormfront)
Topic starter

Took the pc3 apart and found the loose spring. After trial and error I put it back on the lowest key ... problem solved!

(I took pix but my phone decided to lose them all ... sorry)

Pete

Posted : 31/05/2013 7:17 pm
stormfront
(@stormfront)
Topic starter

The spring that fell out. Why I don't know.

There is only one spring on that wide key, and only one place to replace the spring.

Pete

Posted : 01/06/2013 5:15 am
PC3owner
(@pc3owner)

you know , that's the same thing happened , to my PC3 ,, the very lowest key , the first , an F arrived from the seller , sitting flat down .. ? it happened in transport.. even through it was packed like a russian doll ... the repair sounds easy so I'll try it too.

Posted : 30/07/2013 4:11 pm
Share: