Clear all

PC3 randomly rebooting

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Edmaestro
(@edmaestro)
Topic starter

Hi! I've got a PC3 that will start to reboot itself repeatedly after running for about 20 minutes. Once that starts, I can make it happen by changing to an organ sound like Ezra's Burner. It seems to be location-centered, as it will not happen at my home, but does happen at our rehearsal space, and has happened on gigs (yow!). I've brought it to my authorized Kurzweil repair guy twice, but he can't fix it because he can't recreate it, even though he's tried lower voltages.

Can anyone suggest a possible cause/solution?

Thanks!

Ed Rosenblatt
Maestro Productions
Southington, CT

Posted : 08/09/2014 9:39 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

This happened to me when I received my 1st PC3. It rebooted about 30 in the first 15 minutes that I had the machine. Because it was new It was immediately replaced. It happened whenever I moved from an non-organ sound to an organ sound like big leslie (program 896).

My suggestion would first be to open up the user panel on the bottom of the keyboard and reseat all of the cables. This sounds typical of a loose cable. If that doesn't cure your problem then ...... 1-800-kurzweil......

Support@kurzweil.com ......

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 08/09/2014 10:18 am
Share: