pc361- headphones no ouput on left

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi. I've had this board a couple of years and only today did I need to listen thru phones. I tried a few pair and none of them have sound on the left side with either programs or setups. Main outs work fine.
Is there possibly a setting somewhere causing this or do i need to try to repair the jack?
Thanks

Posted : 09/07/2014 11:54 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Sounds like a problem that has to be repaired. I don´t know about a function that just mutes one headphonechannel.
Simple if it is the jack, but could also be a problem with the headphones amplifier.

Posted : 09/07/2014 2:49 pm
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Any chance a reset might resolve it?

Posted : 09/07/2014 2:53 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Just try it, don´t know. Never heard of that.
It´s always a good idea to get in contact with kurzweil support. I heard they really offer good service, at least with valuable tips. I guess "Jean" is the guy to talk to, but I am not sure. Check the Kurzweil website.
But... ehm, just an idea: You did not use the jack for years? Maybe it´s an idea to check for dirt at the contact-surface?

Posted : 09/07/2014 3:31 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

What kind of sounds do you get when you wiggle the jack while playing?

Posted : 10/07/2014 9:30 pm
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wiggling jack has no effect. It will sound out of both sides if I don't insert the plug fully but it sounds mono and lifeless. When jack is fully inserted, right side only. FWIW, out of desperation I tried a reset but that was no help. Starting to feel like I need a repair. I wonder how hard it would be to access that jack with a soldering iron.

Posted : 11/07/2014 11:06 am
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

If wiggling the jack creates no static or noise we can probably rule out a cold solder joint or a broken jack assembly.

Most likely problem is a blown output driver either an op amp or a transistor on the one channel driving the headphones.

Tough fix for the average DIYer without the proper tools.

Take her in to an audio or keyboard technician and see how much they want for a repair. Should average somewhere around a $100 for the job. Simple enough but it's $100 just to crack anything open these days.

Gary

Posted : 12/07/2014 3:21 pm
Share: