Clear all

PC3LE Bugs - will they be fixed?

30 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
14.5 K Views
mdeezy
(@mdeezy)

Bro ya, it crashed, Two times.. Is this serious? Whats up with that kurzweil? :x Are we going to have to start raiding the net with bad reviews?

Posted : 10/08/2013 1:55 pm
mdeezy
(@mdeezy)

I'll raid sweetwater, and everywhere... And i'm sure wok will be with me.. If their is not a fix soon.. I'll take it to the next level. We are talking about a 1000 plus dollar keyboard..

Posted : 10/08/2013 1:58 pm
WOK
 WOK
(@wok)
Topic starter

LE6 is selling out in several shopd below 1000 now....
I'll sell mine too - got a second hand clonewheel organ and will stick a MIDI expander to it.
Besides the keybed response is to "heavy" for playing organ, and several sound like the e-pianos have too few velocity layers with audible "jumps" , there are the bugs:

Switching leslie to brake (stop) to connect an external leslie pedal and save the patch: will be on next time again when recalling the program (is not saved).
I can not edit the KB3 organs in the LE6. Changing percussion or chorus settings and then editing anything else (even program volume): crash (doesn't matter using the front panel switches or in the edit menu!)

I am playing keyboards for 30 years now and never had one to stop playing when using basic edit functions (in fact I never had one crashing ever)!
Until now I used a laptop and NI's B4 - no problems with it!

I always wondered why the Kurz keyboards don't get very much attention beside the Nords, Roland V-Combo, Hammonds which are talked about everywhere.
Maybe the answer lies here. A severe bug making a keyboard stop playing and they don't get to fix it after more than one year?!? Seems Kurzweil has passed their zenith.....

Posted : 10/08/2013 2:44 pm
mdeezy
(@mdeezy)

I just bout it about 3 months ago, I'll be taking a big loss if I sell it on ebay or wherever.. This is ridiculous.. I probably wont even get 1200 plus shipping on my le7.. So it might just be used as a hyped midi controller.. Blah, I'm posting mine on ebay right now..

Posted : 10/08/2013 2:55 pm
mdeezy
(@mdeezy)

Nice job kurzweil. LOL. What a joke. I spent a good amount of money on this, and this is what we get, a faulty keyboard..

Posted : 10/08/2013 4:16 pm
mdeezy
(@mdeezy)

Hi,

We are working in fixing those issues that have been reported.

Lol. im sure.

Posted : 10/08/2013 7:19 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

Yes, they are.

Posted : 11/08/2013 1:36 am
WOK
 WOK
(@wok)
Topic starter

Yes, they are.

since 16 months.....

Posted : 11/08/2013 8:06 am
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

And they have also been working on Artis. They're not Yamaha, Roland or Korg and don't have that kind of manpower.

Posted : 11/08/2013 10:17 am
WOK
 WOK
(@wok)
Topic starter

And they have also been working on Artis. They're not Yamaha, Roland or Korg and don't have that kind of manpower.

Then they should quit their business.
We are not talking about a cosmetic thingy or an addon-function here, but a bug that makes a musical instrument stop playing until switched off and on after pressing some button or entering menus that are meant to be pressed or used....

Posted : 11/08/2013 1:58 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

That bug is happening (I suppose) because of added VAST editing in OS2.0, which wasn't possible in older OS versions for PC3LE. So, a lot of things were added to the OS and If you want it not happening, why not downgrade the OS and improve stability for yourself, at least until the bug is fixed for OS2.0? Obviously you won't be able to edit things directly on the machine, but at least you won't have it crashing the way it is crashing now?

Don't worry, other machines can crash, too, like Korg Kronos (seen it happen) and even Motif (despite it's using Linux). Not to mention Waldorfs, old E-MUs, etc...

Posted : 12/08/2013 1:22 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

We are indeed working on fixing LE bugs.

As other mentioned above, we have just released the Artis and that was taking up all our resources. And, as EvilDragon mentions, those KB3 crashes happened after enabling VAST editing in 2.X. Giving the user that kind of editing was not a PC3LE goal at all. We just opened that door because many customers asked for it. And yes, some bugs entered through that door that we will address whenever we can.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 12/08/2013 7:19 am
mdeezy
(@mdeezy)

Hi,

We are indeed working on fixing LE bugs.

As other mentioned above, we have just released the Artis and that was taking up all our resources. And, as EvilDragon mentions, those KB3 crashes happened after enabling VAST editing in 2.X. Giving the user that kind of editing was not a PC3LE goal at all. We just opened that door because many customers asked for it. And yes, some bugs entered through that door that we will address whenever we can.

Was not PC3LE goal at all? So put out a faulty system that only leaves customers pissed after spending their hard earned money on some faulty gear? Good move. Address them whenever you can? It seems like its been 16 months, and still not have fixed it. Way to go. So I still have the warranty, what would you tell me? Send me another faulty system[or just give me a hee-hoo on the phone telling me nonsense that it will get fixed sometime) You don't care, because I already bought it, and the boat has already sunked.. "It was not PC3le goal to edit vast".. wow, so just put out junk and don't care about your customers...Kurzweil is a top class company, let me tell you.

Prove me wrong I guess.. Maybe in the year 2014 they will have fixed the pc3le bug because they never had the intention for vast editing for a 1600 dollar professional keyboard and piss around with peoples hard earned money.. Or maybe we have to wait another 16 months, Good luck in your bug fixing goals of 2015.

Posted : 12/08/2013 3:48 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

If you want your LE not to crash, simply put an older OS on it then. You won't have in-depth editing (but you will be able to edit it via Soundtower editor), and you won't have crashes.

Your attitude is not helpful at all.

Posted : 12/08/2013 4:07 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

I think the answer for mdeezy question has been clear enough.

So I consider this topic closed.

The goal of the ksetlist is to try to share programs and setups among Kurzweil users. At the same time some users can help other users with their knowledge. This is NOT an official Complaints forum. Nobody in the company will make any action based on a complaint in this forum. There is a kurzweil website www.kurzweil.com where any user can send their feedback to the company, good or bad.

Please try to keep this place a cool place focused on sharing objects.

Thanks,

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 12/08/2013 4:43 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: