Clear all

PC4 - storing user objects issue and NRPNs

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
madprof
(@madprof)
Topic starter

When I try to store a particular user object on my PC4 it dumps me onto the System Mode screen. I can store all the objects up to that one and all the objects after it but any attempt to store that one, or a range including it, dumps me into the System Mode screen.

Has anyone had this problem before? I've tried looking online and obviously in the manual but nothing. This keyboard was 2nd hand and I was wondering if it was something the previous owner had done.

On a separate note - can a PC4 send NRPNs? I suspect not but wondering if this was somehow possible.

Thanks!

Posted : 20/03/2021 9:11 pm
Topic Tags
PC4
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin

Hi,

What object is that more specifically? 

Fran

Posted : 21/03/2021 10:57 am
madprof
(@madprof)
Topic starter

Thank you for the reply @hipogrito 

This is a user program and any attempt to store it to the USB stick fails. I've linked a video I've made - first attempt includes the program (4381) and second attempt does not. You'll see the clear difference in outcome from each attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agSmv_9huw0

The program itself plays just fine. I did not load this into the keyboard, I bought it with these sounds and it was already upgraded to OS 1.09. So I am not sure what went on there.

If I save out all of the user objects up to this program and all of the user objects after it, I wonder if I could cleanly chop out this program (it isn't that useful to me) by doing a hard reset and loading the user objects back in.

What is intersting is that I cannot save a range of user objcts that spans this program, even if I specifically say I do not wish to save it. So I could not save 4380 to 4382 and manually de-select 4381. It dumps me to System Mode again.

I can provide more info if needed.

This post was modified 3 years ago by madprof

Posted : 22/03/2021 5:58 pm
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin

Just out of curiosity... have you tried to save this program into a different ID, then delete the original one, and try to store again? 

Posted : 22/03/2021 6:36 pm
madprof
(@madprof)
Topic starter

@hipogrito

Yes I have now, and I can confirm that it still does not work - the ID has shifted but that new ID is causing problems in the same way as the old one.

Posted : 22/03/2021 8:37 pm
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin

If you are not in the Beta program, please drop me an email at pc4_beta (a t) ycrdi (d o t) com

Posted : 22/03/2021 9:03 pm
Share: