Hi,

I'm interested in hearing your opinions about this:

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:09 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

The point is: 88 versions are usually in heavy piano keys. 7x models are often found with synth action - or something "in between" like the PC37x.
I would never get a 88 because I never learned to play piano. And its hard to play organ on piano keys properly. And its a heavy monster that I don´t want to move around.
My last decisions for an instrument always where about the size first, the type of keys, and then I looked for instruments that can do what I want. Only when the three came together, bingo. I had a Motif7 before, then I wanted something smaller and easier to carry for live giggin, but with at least the same quality and features. I wanted some kind of "power-pack" with small size and big, big sound. The control and Input options were also considered to some degree (for example the BC Input + the slider option). I knew EXACTLY what I wanted. A 7x-version only would have been second best. I guess I would have sticked for some more time with my Motif if there was no 61 key version of the PC3.
I may also get a 7x version again if it offers same quality at lower weight. And when I decide to have 7x keys, I want that - 61 is not enough then. Depends on the situation and my plans for the next years.

Posted : 07/04/2013 12:44 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

For those voting in the 61 keys poll, please vote as well in this one. Results might similar or not, and that's what I am interested in.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 24/04/2013 9:24 am
Share: