Strange transpose of layers

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
kimgul
(@kimgul)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

After importing some Ksetlist setups into my Pc3K6, the sounds is coliding.
first layer ok, rest of the layers is transposed by 2 up.
If i og to the bend menu, the auxbend2rng is 2. Changing this to 0 on all other layers transposes them Down to where they should be.

Why???

This range should only tell the layers bending range and not transpose the original sound!?
And why does this happen to all the Ksetlist sounds I have downloaded?

Posted : 10/10/2014 11:46 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

I don´t know but try to help.
To be honest, the parameter "auxbend2rng" is not really familiar to me. So I don´t really understand what you did.
Transpose is set (in programmode) on the page where the waveform is set, or next to it, ehm. The transpose parameter is somewhere there, ehm... The bendrange is set on a different page, but it is named something like "Bend up" and "down", every parameter with it´s own value. Sorry, I don´t have the PC3 in front of me, I usually just hop through the pages, I simply know how they look, not the exact words.
Just some ideas: You might have loaded sounds from other formats (non K, or LE) into your PC3k, that MIGHT bring some bugs with it. I don´t know, since I don´t own a k version. Nearly everything works cross-wise, but sometimes things need some tweaking. To be honest, I own a PC361 and I did not load very much from here into it. PC3-files worked as they should, when I did. I even loaded older stuff from the K2xxx series. Besides, a remarkable feature, but nearly all sounds need some tweaking, sometimes serious tweaking. However, any PC3-files should run flawlessly in the PC3k, since it is the boss that can do it all. :mrgreen:
Maybe one more idea: Be sure where you are - in setup mode, or in program mode. In setups you have to set bendranges for every layer (program) independently.

Posted : 11/10/2014 1:40 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Thanks Kaffi for trying to put some light.

The Aux Bend 1 and 2 are extra Bend parameters to get pitch changes with other controllers different to Pitch Wheel. Why? Because you could bend with the Ribbon, for example, and you might want to have different ranges in the Ribbon than in the Pitch Wheel.

So, AuxBend1 is controlled by MIDI CC 21.
AuxBend2 is controlled by MIDI CC 15.

In your case, as you comment your problem is resolved by resetting the pitch in AuxBend2, the issue that you are having is that in the Zones of your setup where you are having those transposition problems, you likely have MIDI 15 assigned in some controller, and that controller has an entry value.

Let us know if you find those 15s!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 12/10/2014 11:14 am
kimgul
(@kimgul)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanx to both!

Was talking of setups,so think hipogrito is onto it! :)

Where is the fastest way to find the assignements? Would the "right" way to solved the problem be what I did or finding the controller for 15 and reasign? Potato-tomatoe, I guess,but nice to hear what other people think!

(And will check the controllers next time I fire it up)

Posted : 12/10/2014 12:30 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

The way you fix it is good. If you don't use the aux bends, the BEST thing is to put their ranges to 0. That way you don't care if for whatever reason you receive a MIDI CC 15 or 21 via MIDI that will mess up your pitch.

Now, if you use those aux bends, then find your controller... to do that, just look at the SLIDERS, SWITCHES, WHEEL, RIBBON pages and see if you have any 15 or 21 there.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 12/10/2014 12:34 pm
kimgul
(@kimgul)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have a feeling that the people who made those setups might have a ribbon or so,witch I don't have, but will take a look!

Just found it a bit weird that the auxbend would transpose, but think I understand now....thanx! :)

Posted : 12/10/2014 1:08 pm
Share: