31 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
24.5 K Views
lfo
 lfo
(@lfo)

Hi Kaffi!

Thanks for sharing your PC3 sounds, awesome!

I am new to Kurzweils, and have recently bought myself a K2000RS w. 64Mb RAM and PRAM option.
I bought a Kurz mostly because I am interested in the VAST architecture, and the sounds it can produce.
Have been looking to purchase a PC3x in good condition, but wonder if I can get similar sounds out of my K2000?
I understand that the K2000 lacks KDFX, but i have outboard FX to cover that area if needed.

Would you mind sharing your original K2000 sounds, so I can make my mind up if I really need to go for a PC3x?

Thanks again!

/Simon

Posted : 26/02/2015 3:11 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi, well... I own a K2000. I bought it roughly 6 month before I bought my PC361. In fact the K2 made me buy a PC3. I have a diskette where I have put together what I found and liked. I really just tweaked a little bit on those sounds, mostly the effects section. In fact I did not program much on it, I started with that on the PC3.
With the K2, I spent some time to browse old stuff that good people had put on the net and loaded it into my K2. I recommend beginning with the stock sets that were released with later versions of the K2. Mine is the most basic first hardware-version, but I managed to load later soundsets into it. Some interesting stuff there - you can see how programming on this machine evolved and sounds became better and better.
I used some of those sounds to experiment with porting over to the PC3 and got some experience with tweaking them there to sound good and somewhat maintain their character. But is sounds slighly different on the K2. Did you check my video "Slow ride"? The only song I did on the K2, it demos the soundcharacteristics of this one.

Posted : 26/02/2015 12:36 pm
lfo
 lfo
(@lfo)

Hi,

Just watched it, great song!
Ok, I will have to search the net for some good sounds then.
I'm looking for warm analog sounds, if that is possible.

Cheers
Simon

Posted : 26/02/2015 3:10 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Analog? I guess you mean something digital like this, lol:
http://www.synthmania.com/Kurzweil%20K2 ... upiter.mp3

Not all links working any more, but you should find some stuff there
http://www.synthzone.com/kurzweil.htm
http://www.sweetwater.com/k2000/sounds.html

Not really something to download, but great audio-demos of some of the stuff you find on sweetwater (the factory presets of different versions).

Posted : 27/02/2015 1:05 pm
obiwan
(@obiwan)
Eminent Member

Thank you very much Kaffimusic... You are a PC3 hero!!! :ugeek:

Kurzweil PC3K8 + Kore 64 - Alesis QS6 - M-Audio Keystation 61es - Macbook Pro OS 10.6 4Gb RAM DDR2 - Tascam US366 - Yamaha MG82cx

Posted : 02/03/2015 3:11 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Oh, thank you. That´s no heroism, just using the internet and do some searching. There have been other smart people that did a lot of cool stuff - what you find is their legacy.

Posted : 02/03/2015 6:54 am
MarceloBenDavid
(@marcelobendavid)

Good sounds!
Thanks

Posted : 25/01/2016 6:22 pm
nikkov89
(@nikkov89)

Hello,i´m nicolas,im from argentina,i have a k pc361 and i like to play jazz-funk-rock-blues,thanks for share sounds and all the things that i see,hugs !!

Posted : 31/01/2016 11:18 am
seabrook
(@seabrook)

Really cool sounds. Thanks for the YouTube video and thanks for sharing these. I have a PC3K6 and I think I can use a few of your sounds in my setlist.

Posted : 14/02/2016 5:29 pm
karek
(@karek)

Good sounds!

Posted : 20/02/2016 1:20 pm
mamushkin
(@mamushkin)

Thanks KaffiMusic! Such a treat (-: You've done great job.
Shai

Posted : 24/03/2016 2:48 am
Mayo
 Mayo
(@mayo)

Fantastic sounds. Thanks for sharing.

Posted : 08/07/2016 12:41 pm
flavio.pacheco
(@flavio-pacheco)

Very cool! Congratulations

Posted : 11/07/2016 6:59 am
Nick
 Nick
(@nick)

Great sounds. Well done ;)

Posted : 30/09/2016 7:39 pm
Alexander
(@alexander)

Hi there,
Apreciate what you did and the sounds are amazing.
Keep up the good work, and i will try to do my own kind of sounds and repost.

Posted : 07/12/2016 5:08 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: