21 Users
0 Likes
24.5 K Views
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hello,
I did a video with some sounds I programmed/ported to the PC3. Can be found within some time (minutes?) here:

http://youtu.be/Bg8ydeFsPjI

Posted : 26/03/2013 6:30 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Very cool sounds!!!!!!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 26/03/2013 8:20 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hey, thank you!
I am now at the corner for ppl advertising and selling sounds. I don´t do so, I am a hobby-musician and don´t really have packages to sell.
I share my sounds - mostly. There is a word in german: "Was nix koscht, is nix wert" - translated something like: "Things for free have no value." I exanged my sounds for other sounds, sometimes for a pizza, sometimes I gave them free.
I attached all the sounds in the video, exept 2 - the ones that gave most headache and took most time to do. The attached ones are really ports that did not took me too much time to do.

And: I dream about having one (or more) of my sounds in synth that is sold on the market. I want to be the part of a software upgrade with new sounds :D . It´s not about money, it´s about FAME :mrgreen:
Why should a sound be a part of an upgrade, when it´s already free to download everywhere?

Posted : 26/03/2013 9:17 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Very cool KaffiMusic!

And Thanks for sharing this.

At some point I'll do a K Set List Volume 2 including all this.

By the way, this is yet another good moment to remind everyone to SIGN their programs! Edit your program, go to the INFO editor, and in ID 128 put your name, link, signature, whatever you can fit in 128 characters. Let the world know you made those programs.

Regarding how to get sounds in official Kurzweil releases, well, we have a sound department that controls all that. They read the forums, they know what's out there.

We also have libraries to download from http://www.kurzweil.com . For example, for the PC3K we have Synthscapes and Take6 libraries free of charge.

So, if someone has a full/complete library let us know... it might or it might not interest us...

And, last thing, to post sounds that aren't specific song related we'll use The Vault forum.

Thanks!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 26/03/2013 9:48 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thank you! Good reminder.
I never signed anything I did. Maybe tell me when you are about to do a new setlist I will post an updated version with signatures, maybe some more sounds and setups included. Setups are a byproduct of my bandwork. I am with 2 funk/soul Bands. There are some songs I do with splits and the PC3 only, those splits should be useful.

Posted : 26/03/2013 3:29 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hello,
I just replaced the file above with a newer version that contains the same sounds plus some more. INFO is now updated on all sounds, controllerinfos should be complete now.

Posted : 31/03/2013 8:50 am
joerg1506
(@joerg1506)
Eminent Member

Hi Thorsten,

Awesome pads!

Vieleicht können wir mal irgendwann einen Erfahrungsaustausch machen?

Regards (und vielen Dank für die wirklich gei... äh guten Sounds)

Jörg

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:23 pm
mobilenator
(@mobilenator)

Really nice sounds!!, the PC3 series still lacks awesome pads as the competition has.... ( yeah even with the kore64)

Posted : 01/04/2013 4:14 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@joerg: Klar - kommt noch darauf an wie eine Diskussion übers "soudcrafting" akzeptiert wird. Angeblich ist das Forum hauptsächlich als Tauschplatz vorgesehen und Diskussionen wurden früher offenbar etwas abgewürgt, weil es dafür andere Foren gab. Let´s see.
@Mobilenator: I own the Kore, but honestly - I don´t know exactly what´s there that could be so important for pads. They are often based on analog waveforms. There are plenty + the VA in the basic PC3 already. And there are many new waveforms, even moving ones possible with fake FM shifted waves. And the FX-section does it´s own part by adding weird frequencies or modulations.
Just check out old K2000/K25/2600 libraries - there are tons of sounds waiting to be ported and tweaked.

Posted : 02/04/2013 10:54 am
Synthaholic
(@synthaholic)

Thank you for sharing these, Kaffimusic! I just stumbled upon your youtube video while searching for Mark King (Level 42) videos. I guess Google has been tracking me, and knows that I have a PC3 and have searched for Kurzweil videos before. ;) (funny thing is, I wasn't signed into Google/YouTube!)

Really nice sounds - can't wait to load them up!

Posted : 21/10/2013 6:52 pm
tz_keyz
(@tz_keyz)
Estimable Member

Really nice sounds!!, the PC3 series still lacks awesome pads as the competition has.... ( yeah even with the kore64)

They are in there, you can pull them out of the PC3/K.

Posted : 27/10/2013 7:18 pm
sheenaherself
(@sheenaherself)

Thanks buddy.

Posted : 05/11/2013 10:03 pm
fleece
(@fleece)
Eminent Member

Love your creations!!

Thanks for being part of the PC3 experiment and sharing your hard work! Seriously.

Ev

Posted : 03/02/2014 4:57 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

You are welcome!

Posted : 05/02/2014 2:18 pm
szurcio
(@szurcio)

Sounds great! PC3 is such a versatile board even if it doesn't look very modern.

Posted : 23/03/2014 6:06 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: