Forum

pc3k+Kore64 distort...

Notifications
Clear all

pc3k+Kore64 distortion guitar in pc3le ?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
musicuser99
(@musicuser99)
Topic starter

Hello

I like good sounding E-guitar and of course the other sounds from Kurzweil. I know much of good e-guitar sound is in the effect processer. distortion guitars without Kore 64 sound very bad and hard. But with Kore64 it sound great. watch here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBirEhOAV4

48 sec

and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuZwkhVnAtA

So maybe Pc3le can do it too. I do not own a pc3le. cost much money, i also hope for a new LE model with support for full effect and maybe 80 voice and maybe buyable sample Flash and expansion slot. with a more expandable model kurzweil can sell more expansions.
pc3 was 2010 pc3k was 2102 and pc3le is since 2010 here. So wy is since long time not update. My dream Kurzweil is of course a pc3k+Kore 64, but too much money.

maybe somebody here with a pc3le like too good sounding e-Guitar and can upload a example wav and tell parameters how can do this. So i can hear which result a PC3 le can get. the 10 effect units can do much of a LE. 3 are for reverb. but there are 7 here for good sound.

Posted : 04/07/2014 11:18 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

The LE has some, well -relatively useful -guitars. I am sure, there is more possible with the hardware that is in it, but it takes a skilled programmer to get that out. It´s a lot of work but I think it´s possible. Just nobody has done it yet.
But if a LE today is still to expensive for you, a next generation version - whatever that may be - won´t be cheaper. I´ve seen the LE6 for sale for some 750-EUR in Germany. You might also get a used PC361 for that money. Maybe.
Tell me, why should anybody take the time and effort to program something on that machine, just to convince you to "maybe" buy one in the future? Think of that.
If you buy a multi purpose synth like one of the PC3 line for just one sound, you most probably won´t be happy with it in general.

Posted : 09/07/2014 3:05 pm
musicuser99
(@musicuser99)
Topic starter

I hear many demos on youtube, and i like the sound best. also i like the take 6 samples with the choir. but all is not possible with the pc3le because cannot load samples. and what can reach with the limit effect system of the pc3le i do not know, but because nobody post an example i think not good. On Min 2 you can hear distortion guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_N6ExvTjYU

from the features i prefer Yamaha moxf6. cost 1000 Eur. Here it is possible to buy a sample RAM flash card of 512 or 1024 MB. thats more than i need. also i like in yamaha the feature that there can choose with the sf1- sf6 buttons for every sound 6 diffrent arpeggio patterns. This easy choose of diffrent arpegiator patterns in a sound kurzweil currently have not. but i think i can do the trick, create a riff that contain controller change for all channels to set the arpegiator number. I then can put the riffs on the pads to change and it can work as an arranger, to have a bass, drum and background band. currently i use software instruments, but my eyes are not so good, because to have keyboard, computerkeyboard on desktop, monitor must stand far away. So i like in synth edit. I know kurzweil because i haved an K2000 with 8 MB RAM and 100 MB harddrive. I sell him, and i miss him. Sure 8 MB RAM was not much, but because VAST, formant simular filter setting, can do with less sample good sound. sure today systems sound is better but editing and playing on him make me more fun as as on the computer. i like also arpegiator and riff play and the knob editing on pc3

Posted : 10/07/2014 9:49 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

AFAIK the LE has the same wavesample-set as the full PC3 line. It just can´t eat the Kore and has limited voices and FX-power. As I have seen in the specs it can stack the same amount of voices (32 layers) and the same amount of arpeggiators. That means 16. Means also you can stack 16 programs onto each other and everyone can play its own arpeggio the same time. Compare with the Yamaha if this is you criteria.
Same wavecollection means also the Take 6 choir is included. Check the Kurzweilwebsite for the demo "Jazz ballad vox". The LE also has the VA synthesis included.
I don´t want to talk you into getting a LE, if you are more happy with a Yamaha, get one. It´s a different approach to soundcharacteristics and if thats what you like, than it´s the one for you. However, you won´t get samplingload with a modern Kurzweil unless you spent some more money.
Those new guitars that come with the Kore expansion are based on 2 factors:
1. new samples (most important for the clean or just partially distorted guitars) and
2. Better programming than the basic ones that has been in the PC3 and also in the LE.
I don´t know for sure, but I guess those new overdrive-FX-chains are not that demanding like crazy. Maybe a LE can also load those FX chains. I can´t try, I don´t own one. Those chains are the more important part for fat distorted guitars. The VAST-part is also better programmed, but I still believe a skilled guy can use the basic waveforms also to build a quite similar sound - at least for the distorted versions. Like I told you, I believe there is more in it.
It´s just that nobody did it until today. People just get a full PC3 with a Kore and they have it.
For a more advanced preview what you can do regarding arpeggiators with start/stop while running check this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY3z_FBIMWg
Mr. Martiano has alredy done a videodemo for the K2 back in the 80ties.

Posted : 10/07/2014 10:47 am
musicuser99
(@musicuser99)
Topic starter

The pc3le is not able to edit effects. you can only choose effect level and a preset from 1 of 1000.

read here

http://kurzweil.com/product/pc3le6/specs/
10 insert effects distributed over 10 busses, two auxiliary sends; featuring over 500 of our award winning preset FX chains - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more (FX editing limited to chain selection and wet/dry mix).

It just can´t eat the Kore and has limited voices and FX-power.

The le is also not able to load sample. The pc3k is able to load samples, because it have a 128 megabyte flash sample RAM. So you can not load other samples. If a furtherdevelop pc3le have 2 expansion slot, then users that want sample ram can buy the extension card. If a such furtherdevelop le3 with full editable effects and 80 voices cost 1000 Eur and a sample expansion card i can later buy for 200 Eur, it is great. or i buy later a kore64. the current le is cheaper but is limit a lot for me. look how cheap RAM and flash Ram is for computers. And this RAM is more than 20* faster as the RAM use in K2000. so its possible to offer loadable samples for low price

Posted : 12/07/2014 1:16 am
LeoGroia
(@leogroia)

Could add this sounds to my Artis 7? I know that it has some of the kore 64 expansion sounds.

I realy would like to have the distortion guitar ofthis video!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuZwkhVnAtA

thanks!!

Posted : 22/07/2017 4:44 pm
Share: