Thanks for uploading programs :)

Posted : 04/12/2013 2:17 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hello,

For recent cases of people not finding the list of programs names, remember that you have to first post at least one post in the forum, like an introduction of yourself in the People section, and then you would be able to see this:

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 26/12/2013 2:04 pm
larrycalame
(@larrycalame)

Thanks for posting this collection! Will all these files load into the SPS4-8?

Posted : 08/01/2014 4:24 pm
gohomsy
(@gohomsy)

Hi,

This is just for SP4 users.
Note: PC3/PC3K/SP5 users... you already have these programs, so don't bother.

The SP4 contains a great selection of programs from the PC3LE. Not only that but on http://www.kurzweil.com there are a good bunch of other programs taken from the PC3LE ready for download and to be loaded into the SP4.

Still, there are many SP4 users that ask for the other programs from the PC3LE. There are ways to get them. Have a friend with an LE that could save the factory programs as user programs. Use an editor or a third party object management tool.

Well, here I am trying to simply things a little bit. In the file below you will find all the PC3LE programs, one file per program.

The SP4 has only 64 user slots for programs, so a typical SP4 user has to carefully pick and choose the ones he likes most.

This is the file:
https://ksetlist.com/ksetlist_resour ... ograms.zip

Instructions:

- Download the file into your computer and UNZIP it.
- You will have now one .PLE file per program. The file name contains the program id.
- Copy ONLY 1 of those files into the SP4 Virtual drive and Load FILL. One at a time. ONLY one. Don't try to copy them all, they will not fit in the virtual drive.
- If you like the program, keep it, if you don't, Delete it using the Delete button.
- Once you have your favorite programs in your user slots of the SP4 remember to Save all into an SPX file.
- Get that file from the virtual drive and put it in a folder of your computer.
- In this post there is a list of the programs attached, so that you can see what's the name of the program using the ID number of the file. For example, file prog1004.PLE is program 1004 Anabrass.

Have fun!

Awesome ... thank you for posting

Posted : 31/01/2014 10:38 pm
gohomsy
(@gohomsy)

thank you so much ... very much appreciated.

Posted : 31/01/2014 10:40 pm
marcus
(@marcus)

@ Moderator --> You can delete my last entries.

If you have the Sound Tower SP4 editor you can load all sounds from the PC3le into the librairy of the editor.
That way you only have to click on a sound in the librairy to select it.

What I did:
1 I downloaded the demo editor of the PC3le from Soundtower and installed it.
2 In demo mode I selected the LIBRARIAN
3 Open bank 1-128 to 897-1024 and save them on your computer Bank > Save Bank

4 Start the Soundtower SP4 editor and connect your SP4
5 Go to the LIBRARIAN
6 Bank > Load Bank to ... Select the banks on your computer
Note: Start to load (1-128) to bank C and so on. That way you won't lose your User programs.
7 Sound will be loaded into your SP4 starting from slot 256
8 When all is loaded, save the libririan file Librarian > Save Library File As

I suppose you can do the same with programs from the PC3. However the will be some compatibility issue's.

Posted : 19/04/2014 12:46 am
Maurus
(@maurus)

Awesome!!! :)

I can finally check the list.

Thanks a lot for this post, people :!:

Posted : 22/04/2014 9:24 am
sanchoarizu
(@sanchoarizu)

thank you thank you and thank you.

Just if anyone is interested, you can download the editing software (demo version free) where you can see all the programs by family or otherwise.

I'm trying to find a way to load the banks into the software to hear how they sound. That way we can select beforehand our favorite 64 extra sounds!!!!
here is the link for the software:
http://www.soundtower.com/pc3le/index.html

Posted : 11/05/2014 10:29 am
leocolon
(@leocolon)

A real big THANK YOU from Germany :D

Leo

Posted : 09/07/2014 10:43 am
crossfitbsas
(@crossfitbsas)

thank you thank you and thank you.

Just if anyone is interested, you can download the editing software (demo version free) where you can see all the programs by family or otherwise.

I'm trying to find a way to load the banks into the software to hear how they sound. That way we can select beforehand our favorite 64 extra sounds!!!!
here is the link for the software:
http://www.soundtower.com/pc3le/index.html

Vey good way, using it this way I can see what type of program is, I need only pianos, son with this way I can finde them more easy! Thank u very much!!!

Posted : 29/09/2014 12:15 pm
crossfitbsas
(@crossfitbsas)

Hi guys maybe someone can help me so I'll not need to check all list.
Is there some sound of acustic piano like Yamaha Portable Grand? de DHX serie? It's beacause I had yamaha before and recentlly get sp4-8 and not find some piano program whitchs sounds like yamaha or something close.
Thanks

Posted : 02/10/2014 5:13 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Well. I will not sound like the Yamaha-style pianos. By purpose. The closest you may get to a Yamaha-sound is the "StudioGrand" (or a name similar like this...).
I had Yamaha before, too. It takes some time until your ears has somewhat adapted to a more natural sound. Trust me, it´s deeper and fits much better in any stage or studio environment like what you are used to.
But it´s definitely less pumped up. That´s what you might miss. I don´t miss the Yamaha-piano any longer. Insdead, when I hear my Motif now, I feel it sounds flat and cold. Though it´s stereo, clear and everything.
You will like it, or you may never like it.

Posted : 02/10/2014 10:19 am
crossfitbsas
(@crossfitbsas)

Thanks for info, Yes its like I thouth, it's will take some tiem to change my hearing from yamaha to kurz, but Its really better stage piano , more pro.

Posted : 02/10/2014 11:49 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Well, I personally like the Horowiz Grand the most, because it has a sweet mix of response, depht, darkness an clarity. I use a slighly pimped version on my PC3 as my everyday piano on stage and in band context.
With one of the later OS updates for the PC3 there came 2 new programs, the "pro piano" and the next number (I guess "pop piano"), they both are boosted to some degree with treble - something that is more common with Yam-sounds. The pop even more like the pro,b ut I don´t like it that much. I use the pro in case I need extra fat and bright lower notes/octaves (for example with the song "rolling in the deep"). You might be able to load those into your SP4, but I don´t know. I haven´t check the specs of those sounds and how they were boosted. It may be you SP4 lacks the FX-section to do the same.
But you won´t find a ac piano sound that is completlely different, since all of them are based on the same sample-set, they just differ in synthesizer settings. So they are all somewhat related to each other, but differ in response to the keys, bright/darkness, sustain behavior and FX.
Just the newer models Artis and Forte have brought some completely new samplesets.

Posted : 02/10/2014 1:50 pm
Page 2 / 6
Share: