Random distorted sound...:(

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Keshet
(@keshet)
Topic starter

Hey everybody

Just got my pc3k6 today , while I was going through the sounds every once in a while a digital distorted loud sound would occur, when I quit that sound and move to another program the loud distortion goes away , and I can go back to the first sound ( the one that had the loud dust sound) and the program then sounds normal..,. It happened a few times today , I tought it might be an OS issue but my pc3 is apparently updated to the latest version....
Anyone here had a similar problem? Does that sound like A "motherboard" issue? Or just a stupid bug... I don't mind it happening when I'm playing in my studio(even though it's very unpleasant...I'm more afraid that it would happen during a live show

Any suggestions? Other then sending it to the lab?

:) :D

Posted : 19/09/2014 6:20 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

If it´s new, send/bring it back for warranty. If not, open it (take care for static electricity so you won´t damage anything) and check all cable connectors. There has been some problems reported with that from several people, the PC3 doing funky things due to loose connections. Just an idea. But more likely with machines that has been on duty for some time.
Note: In case there is a KORE expansion installed, check if it´s REALLY put into it´s position correctly. Those cards are seriously hard to put into place in some devices. So they sometimes work, sometimes not. It´s not so easy to tell or see wether they are in position or not.
In case you can reproduce the distortion always with the same sound - and since it´s a K-version, it´s a sound based on a flash sample, the sample may be damaged. You can try to reload the sample/program into the memory and check if it´s still the same.
If that does not work for you, you have to let it check from a technician. You may try to reflash tha latest OS, but I think it´s most likely somethnig hardware related.

Posted : 20/09/2014 2:12 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

The best thing by far is to contact Support at www.kurzweil.com

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 22/09/2014 8:25 am
Share: